Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2015, 02:24 PM

1,544 posts, read 1,699,800 times

Advertisements

Enthusiasm goes a long way during an interview. Other things I look at: has the applicant researched the company they want to join?, can the applicant give an informed and succinct answer to a general question? Actually I have asked some applicants that same question - why should I hire you over a more experienced person? Its surprising the answers I get. The best was delivered with positive body language and stated that sometimes having someone learning something for the first time allows both the instructor and learner to find new more efficient solutions to problems and processes. I hired that person and 10 years later they have moved quite high in the company.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2015, 07:32 PM

22,165 posts, read 19,217,049 times
Good attitude. Ability to do well during a performance-based interview. Ability to name the skills and attributes you have that are valuable to the employer. If you can get good reference letters bring those.

Savvy employers know, and you can use this to your advantage, that technical skills can be taught to pretty much anyone, but good attitude, getting along with others, team-player, positive presence, stay calm under pressure, mature, high producing, like to keep busy, help out where needed......those are gold to an employer

Be prepared to talk about things like "People like working with me because...." "Customers have told me they really appreciate....."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment