Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2015, 10:37 PM

29,513 posts, read 22,641,616 times

Advertisements

Plus being fired doesn't look good.

I would never advise anyone to wait until they are fired.

Resigning vs Being Fired - CVTips.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2015, 10:55 PM

693 posts, read 704,881 times
I really dont think I could get unemployment. This was my first job in 5 years. I am fortunate that my husband has a good job and I just went to work for extra spending money.

Old 05-04-2015, 01:34 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,451,919 times
I retired....things were just getting to the point that those that chose NOT to do their job were allowed to because they created such a ruckus with the union and grievances that it was draining on the management, and those of us WITH work ethic were driven into the ground trying to do our jobs and everyone elses.

Grateful to be of the age I had the option, but a toxic work environment is NOT the place to stay. While you might have been a little rash in walking today, you will find the place to be and thrive that much sooner!

Wishing you nothing but the best in looking for that place to "plant and grow"!

Old 05-04-2015, 03:44 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,721,722 times
Good for you.

Old 05-04-2015, 06:10 AM

1,887 posts, read 7,939,033 times
Are you at peace with your decision or are you second guessing it? They way we deal with seemingly singular events is often reflected in how we deal with life's challenges in general. So in your case- there may have been a lesson here that you missed. Your job presented a challenge to you (rapid change, unpredictability....) and your response was to quit rather than take it on. Do you generally have difficulty coping with change? Do you think you tend to be inflexible? Are you afraid to confront management when you have workplace issues? I don't mean to present this in an insulting or disrespectful way, but I hope you can see the point that I'm making. This probably doesn't matter for you since this was just a job to earn spending money, but it's something to think about...

Old 05-04-2015, 08:24 AM

3,516 posts, read 7,781,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindarby View Post
I went in work today and they gave me a totally new schedule. Nothing like what I have been working for the past 7 months. I told the new manager, (third one in the past 7 months), that my schedule is the only hours and days I can work. No problem for 7 months and this new one comes along and totally changes it.

What do you think?
I think it's a stupid reason to quit based on what you told us so far. Is there child care issues you can't work certain hours/days? Did they change your schedule to grave shift? Do they want you to work weekends now? Not sure what your problem is to justify you quitting.

Old 05-04-2015, 08:41 AM

13,131 posts, read 20,984,674 times
Quote:
I really dont think I could get unemployment.
Unemployment regulations allow a person to quit their job and qualify for unemployment based on a significant change in employment terms. If you read the Unemployment forum on CD you will see many who have been helped to get benefits or have a denial overturned based on actual state regulations. BUT, it all depends on how you go about it. You can do it in an intelligent (knowledgeable) way that gets you benefits, or you can do it based on personal emotions and get denied. Most do it based on emotions so they get denied.

Now, you need to repost the FACTS as they occurred on the Unemployment forum BEFORE you file for unemployment so that others can give you solid advice on how to proceed. Although you may have made a critical mistake in how you went about terminating your employment, its still salvageable. Get advice from those who know.

Old 05-04-2015, 08:55 AM

7,284 posts, read 16,681,102 times
Quote:
I went in work today and they gave me a totally new schedule. Nothing like what I have been working for the past 7 months. I told the new manager, (third one in the past 7 months), that my schedule is the only hours and days I can work. No problem for 7 months and this new one comes along and totally changes it.

What do you think?
Nobody here can tell you whether it's going to be good or bad for you; mostly the regulars will just talk about themselves and how great they are, and somehow weave that in to a reply.

So, if it's good for you, then good for you. If not, I'm sure you'll work something out.

Old 05-04-2015, 11:33 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,125,992 times
Quote:

What do you think?

I think you should start looking for another job?
Not sure what opinions you're seeking here.

Old 05-04-2015, 11:36 AM

9,822 posts, read 11,544,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabrrita View Post
Unemployment regulations allow a person to quit their job and qualify for unemployment based on a significant change in employment terms. If you read the Unemployment forum on CD you will see many who have been helped to get benefits or have a denial overturned based on actual state regulations. BUT, it all depends on how you go about it. You can do it in an intelligent (knowledgeable) way that gets you benefits, or you can do it based on personal emotions and get denied. Most do it based on emotions so they get denied.

Now, you need to repost the FACTS as they occurred on the Unemployment forum BEFORE you file for unemployment so that others can give you solid advice on how to proceed. Although you may have made a critical mistake in how you went about terminating your employment, its still salvageable. Get advice from those who know.
Yep, this is True
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment