Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2015, 07:57 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,056,304 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasick View Post
Great pay.
Profit-sharing.
Stocks as bonuses.
Ballgame boxes.
Private jet to fly between offices.
Food, food, and more food, daily.
Games, fun, parties.
RESPECT.
Clothes.
Gym.
1. What type of business?

2. Do they have any openings?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2015, 08:37 PM

5,462 posts, read 3,020,941 times
My CEO agreed to sell his Model S to me for 5k after 6 years LOL.

Old 06-12-2015, 08:38 PM

5,462 posts, read 3,020,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post

He works in Carnival or Royal Caribbean ..

Old 06-12-2015, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasick View Post
Great pay.
Profit-sharing.
Stocks as bonuses.
Ballgame boxes.
Private jet to fly between offices.
Food, food, and more food, daily.
Games, fun, parties.
RESPECT.
Clothes.
Gym.
Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post
He works in Carnival or Royal Caribbean ..
That makes sense.

Old 06-12-2015, 09:06 PM

7,195 posts, read 5,705,767 times
When I worked in an office, I got yearly raises, yearly cash bonuses, yearly profit-sharing bonuses and decent vacation/PTO. We generally had monthly (if not more frequent) lunches out, a nice Christmas party, and a kitchen stocked with coffee and soda. I actually had half of my son's daycare expenses covered, too; that was a perk that I negotiated as part of my salary before I went on maternity leave with my first child.

That was a really good job; I liked being there, the people were great and the work itself was interesting. (I became a stay-at-home mom around the time that I got pregnant with my second child, and I started my own business years later, so no more employers for me after that.)

Old 06-12-2015, 09:22 PM

2,801 posts, read 2,303,477 times
Make sure my pay is deposited in my account every week ...

Old 06-12-2015, 11:19 PM

2,845 posts, read 6,001,331 times
As of now? Nothing, they've taken away all company perks and now they are transferring me to another group so I'm loosing my great boss too.

I've already started looking again.

Old 06-13-2015, 02:26 AM

10,823 posts, read 14,898,817 times
Leave me alone ro do my job my way and do not bother me with BS.

Old 06-13-2015, 07:46 AM

1,209 posts, read 1,809,476 times
I feel like one of the luckiest people around. I keep in touch with my colleagues from my graduate program to see how they like their jobs so far following graduation. The small firm trusts me to do my job, I have ownership over the processes to achieve the product, I have a say in how I want to grow the firm, what projects I want to be involved in, and the firm is committed to my development as a young professional such as by helping me practice my presentation skills frequently.

And from what I've read on here, I'm one of those rare salaried employees that actually only works 40-45 hours a week. Unlike many of my colleagues from school, I don't have a clock in/clock out system, I started out with 2 weeks paid vacation, I got a great relocation expenses package, I have a hour for lunch and they encourage me to go out during that time.

Old 06-13-2015, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty_Pelican View Post
I feel like one of the luckiest people around. I keep in touch with my colleagues from my graduate program to see how they like their jobs so far following graduation. The small firm trusts me to do my job, I have ownership over the processes to achieve the product, I have a say in how I want to grow the firm, what projects I want to be involved in, and the firm is committed to my development as a young professional such as by helping me practice my presentation skills frequently.

And from what I've read on here, I'm one of those rare salaried employees that actually only works 40-45 hours a week. Unlike many of my colleagues from school, I don't have a clock in/clock out system, I started out with 2 weeks paid vacation, I got a great relocation expenses package, I have a hour for lunch and they encourage me to go out during that time.
Wow! Among the people that I know, if a salaried employee works only 60 hours a week they consider themselves very, very lucky about the low hours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment