Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2015, 01:36 PM

633 posts, read 640,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the city View Post
Need some advice. I have an interview with Enterprise coming up. Pays WAY more. $14.25 plus commission and in the right location. Anyone have advice for working at Enterprise?
That was my first job out of college. I don't remember them paying commission, but perhaps that's changed.

Would I work for them if I were you? that depends on what you want to do with your career. Enterprise has a VERY good management training program, and everyone they hire will legitimately know everything they need to know to run a branch within about 8 months or so. If you want to go on into business management elsewhere, it's a good place to start.

That being said:

You will work your ass off there. It's not a desk job, especially if you're in a small office. You will be scrubbing and cleaning cars on top of everything else you have to do.

They take their sales expectations seriously. If you don't hit your goals, there's the door. One of those was a customer service score shared by the branch that was hard as hell to hit- but I don't know if they still use that.

This isn't really a career position. this is a starter job. Enterprise hires or hired more new graduates than anywhere in the country. There is a massive oversupply of trainees vs. open positions in management. Should you be lucky or skilled enough to land a branch management or assistant management position, know that there will ALWAYS be a couple dozen people gunning specifically for your position and hoping that you fail. Not a great environment to be in long term.

Make sure the area you are in is not high crime. I've got some horror stories I can't print, some of which involve dead bodies in trunks, and enough drugs that I could have quit and become a kingpin.

If i had the option to do that, or go into recruiting- I'd do recruiting without a second thought. In fact thats exactly what I did when I left enterprise and that NEVER stopped paying dividends for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2015, 04:03 PM

4,932 posts, read 12,755,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenSparkles View Post
here are prior threads on city-data about working at Enterprise:

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q....city-data.com
thanks! seems some like it and some dont. some complain about long hours and dont like working in a suit to clean a car. not such a big deal for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment