Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2015, 01:47 PM

9,019 posts, read 14,291,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dysgenic View Post
Worst comment ever. It wasn't the op that trashed the bathroom. I can't believe I have to point this out to you, but no one can control the actions of another person.
It's a team. If I had a person on my team who was that destructive, and the team didn't fess up to who it was, then I'd ether replace them all, or make adjustments to ensure that it didn't happen again.

I think restroom monitors are ridiculous, as are walking around like kindergartners, but let me rephrase. If you want to be treated like a professional, act like one.

Besides, there is no way that was;
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2015, 01:50 PM

844 posts, read 2,020,366 times
Are you sure HE didn't trash the bathroom?

Old 08-26-2015, 02:59 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,199,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaJay2015 View Post
My boss says it isn't a privacy violation as he is not in the stall with us, the supervisor is merely standing outside checking after each and every one of us has gone in. We are not allowed to wander off after using the bathroom, we are then all marched down for a smoking break.

One of the girls needed to go down to front desk today to sign for a package, and he refused to let her go alone, he got us all up and marched us all down stairs together and then back up stairs in one group of 37 adults, including hr, accounts, and the companies lawyer - he looked the most baffled of us all lol. Even the maintenance guy has not escaped the madness from tomorrow he has to now wear a go pro camera linked to my bosses computer all at times.

What if you don't smoke? Do you get recess?

Somehow, I am starting to doubt the validity of this whole thing.

Also, still haven't answered the question - how does a make-up company not know about make-up remover pads? Make-up would be very hard to remove with cold water. Do research before posting a story.

Old 08-26-2015, 03:14 PM

9,019 posts, read 14,291,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryjohns View Post
What if you don't smoke? Do you get recess?

Somehow, I am starting to doubt the validity of this whole thing.

Also, still haven't answered the question - how does a make-up company not know about make-up remover pads? Make-up would be very hard to remove with cold water. Do research before posting a story.

They have to march around a yard surrounded by barbed wire...

Old 08-26-2015, 03:21 PM

6 posts, read 5,519 times
Ha ha very funny.

We do use make up remover pads, but we still have to clean off our faces with water too -we use a lot of special effects stuff ect.

We dont officially get any smoking breaks - smokers just went and took a break, and tea drinkers would nip off to grab a cuppa - until this week.

Really I cant get any sympathy any where! My husband has cried with laughter and now you guys aren't been helpful either! There is no barbed wire, or fences, or cattle prods.

I understand the point my boss is making, but it has gone on for far too long now.

I have to go back to work in 13 hours time and I am dreading it!

Old 08-26-2015, 03:42 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,199,048 times
OK. I will be helpful:

Old 08-26-2015, 09:42 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,153,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
Don't act like children, and you won't have to be treated like children. Destroying a public washroom is hardly the activity of an adult professional.
I can't imagine how bad it must have been to have your company banned from the venue. Did someone break mirrors or set the bathroom on fire? Or did they write on the walls with lipstick and throw make-up all over the floor or what?

While I disagree with your boss, it was pretty childish for someone to make that much of a mess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dltordj View Post
Exactly! and use makeup remover wipes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment