Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2015, 03:56 PM

1,204 posts, read 1,216,583 times

Advertisements

Probably go into combat sports full-time. Perhaps BJJ since it's more grappling based so less risk of brain injury. Or perhaps really dive into running and competing in that field. There's not a whole lot of money in either unless you are really gifted, but if money wasn't an issue I'd go for it. They're both things that require you to take care of yourself and be in good health.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2015, 04:24 PM

5,462 posts, read 3,032,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
This thread has probably been done before (maybe by me ) but I don't see it.

What job would you work if independently wealthy? Everything taken care of. Let's say you're not filthy rich, but you have enough to live how you are living now for the rest of your life.

Only 2 rules. Rule #1 is that it has to be realistic. So, you can't play second base for the NY Yankees. But you could train to be a pro singer even though you may never be that great.

Rule #2 is that it has to be some kind of a job. So, not frolicking around and drinking mimosas and traveling the world 200 times (though Lonely Planet writer would be an option).
I will become a Sugar whatever ( Daddy, Boyfriend, Grandpa etc)

Old 09-10-2015, 07:19 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,922,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidv View Post

I love animals, but I would start a charity/foundation to help humans -- specifically the homeless.
You can do both. I tried to keep my comment brief (which isn't easy for me!) but if I started an animal sanctuary, I would need to hire a lot of people. Also, you could help children with disabilities, since they often respond to animals better than people. Then it's a win-win situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidv View Post
I would try to make homes out of shipping containers where all the materials to convert the shipping container into a small house would fit into the container. A sort of home-in-a-box concept. The container could be shipped anywhere in the world and then converted into a house once it reached its destination.
You will need to find an area where the local building codes allow this.

You sound like a responsible, caring person. I hope you find the means to accomplish this goal.

Old 09-10-2015, 08:50 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,621,220 times
Would do charity work. Help family and good friends...

Old 09-10-2015, 08:58 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,385,183 times
i be a greeter at wal mart. hi welcome wal mart. leave your kids outside, dont touch anything you dont plan on buying and for god sakes pull your pants up

Old 09-10-2015, 09:43 PM

6,393 posts, read 4,111,578 times
I will continue to do exactly what I'm doing right now and keep climbing the corporate ladder.

This is my 3rd career path. It wasn't easy, but I've finally found the perfect career path for me. If I all of the sudden come across a lot of money, then it's great but it is not enough incentive for me to abandon what I've worked so hard to get to.

Old 09-10-2015, 11:49 PM
Status: "I have read 24 books this year!!!" (set 1 day ago)

436 posts, read 195,288 times
I would be delighted to work as a bookstore clerk , library clerk, community theatre actress or a record store employee. Those four job choices fixate me even now. Plus, I live in a major U.S. metropolis so I think I would be able to work somewhere along that description.

Old 09-11-2015, 01:46 AM

5,511 posts, read 4,471,839 times
charity work. Mindless but easy, pays meagerly but fulfilling, time consuming but don't need to work for money now.

Old 09-11-2015, 03:06 AM

30 posts, read 23,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl View Post
I've always said that if I win the lottery I'll buy significant acreage and open an animal rescue sanctuary that is supported via modest adoption fees and an on-site state-of-the-art kennel and grooming salon.
I always say this too, but I haven't buy a lottery ticket... Even don't know how to win a lottery.

Old 09-11-2015, 09:12 AM

23,857 posts, read 71,316,704 times
If I was filthy stinking rich I would have liked to be a patron of arts and science.
But since we are a bit realistic here I would probably still be working full time arranging gigs and other cultural events as it is what I do in my spare time.
It would also give me the confidence to try a couple of ideas as an entrepreneur.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment