Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2015, 12:07 PM

4 posts, read 3,183 times

Advertisements

It's taken me a long time to find a place where I feel comfortable and where I actually enjoyed going to work. I've been through so much turmoil. From a verbally abusive boss who threw stuff to promises that never amounted to anything. So sick of being lied to and stabbed in the back all the time. I'm given promises that are not kept and now this..
I've been at this job 3 years. I've had NO complaints of my work and have been given nothing but positive reviews and feedback. All the employees tell me I'm a great asset to the company and that nobody could ever replace me amongst other great comments. Then this Friday happened! I go into my review expecting nothing but the best and a nice raise to go with it. My boss slams me with supposed things I did wrong, which I know for sure I didn't as I was the person telling this other person to correct their mistakes! He mentions to me that I complain too much about ppl in the office...When part of my job is to provide feedback about the people there and what's going on! Wtf...This one guy in particular harasses people and says nasty things to them providing very negative atmosphere! People have quit because of him it's so awful! Of course I'm going to say something.
I also had my design coordinator sexually harass me. He showed me his genitalia a few times. I told him to stop it! Finally when I had to tell him I was pregnant he stopped.
We've had so much turnover there in three years and they wonder why! I just don't know what to think or do. I went from "nobody could ever replace you" to "you're an awful employee and I don't give a **** about you anymore" after I came back from maternity leave! Just doesn't make any sense at all. I feel so unappreciated after all the stuff I've done for these people and busting my butt for them. No raise when I need it the most!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2015, 12:26 PM

531 posts, read 1,177,507 times
Do not ever believe in "nobody could ever replace you". Everyone is replaceable.
Did you go to HR for the sexual harassment?

Old 09-20-2015, 12:55 PM

147 posts, read 316,231 times
Start preparing written documentation of dates/times when these events occurred. Submit a written complaint to HR with specific dates/times of what happened. I would strongly advise you to consult with attorney as well since you may have a case against this employer. In the meantime-I'd recommend looking for another job. Good luck to you.

Old 09-20-2015, 01:50 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,579 posts, read 81,186,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsBunny View Post
Do not ever believe in "nobody could ever replace you". Everyone is replaceable.
Did you go to HR for the sexual harassment?
There are literally millions of "unreplaceable" people in the cemeteries. If this is the same boss, there has been something that changed the attitude. Possibly pressure from above, cracking down on your boss, and causing him to take it out on you and other subordinates. Time to start looking around for a new job.

Old 09-20-2015, 04:14 PM

531 posts, read 1,177,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
There are literally millions of "unreplaceable" people in the cemeteries. If this is the same boss, there has been something that changed the attitude. Possibly pressure from above, cracking down on your boss, and causing him to take it out on you and other subordinates. Time to start looking around for a new job.
cemeteries...
What i meant was no matter how important you think you are at your job, your company can(most often) survive without you.

In OP's case, it is also possible that her coworkers complained about her to her boss while she was on maternity leave. If enough coworkers said the same thing, who do you think the boss will believe in?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment