Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2015, 01:18 AM

4,488 posts, read 3,910,362 times

Advertisements

I couldn't care for the elderly (baths, personal hygiene, etc) and I think those who do are paid WAY too little.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2015, 01:41 AM

426 posts, read 1,567,873 times
Call center, especially cold calling people
Parking enforcement. After living many years in Los Angeles I'd have to kill myself first
Anything involving babies or children
Pet sitting. I thought I'd enjoy this but realized that I don't actually like other people's pets as much as my own - mine sleep in and listen to me (for the most part). And staying overnight in other people's houses was weird.
Teaching (I have no patience and I suck at explaining things lol)
Nurse/Physician Asst/etc - I'm deathly afraid of needles. Also blood.

Old 10-03-2015, 03:34 AM

1,708 posts, read 1,630,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenstyle View Post
Auto sales.
Selling advertising.
Oppositional research.
Call center phone work.
Back-breaking farm work.
Fast food restaurant work.
Amway or similar pyramid scheme.
Any job replacing someone who's been fired.
I'm confused by that last one...it would sure rule out a lot of jobs you could take.

Old 10-03-2015, 05:51 AM

7,998 posts, read 12,695,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crf450ish View Post
I see a trend here....lots and lots are saying customer service is on the "no way" list of jobs. Is this because you worked with customers before, or have learned, over time, that being the customer is enough for you to realize and know that you wouldn't want to be on the other side of the counter/table?
I worked in sales for a short time. I wasn't any good at it due to my personality and the way I express myself. I am way too blunt. I don't have the required skills is another way to put it.

Old 10-03-2015, 05:58 AM

50,178 posts, read 63,636,357 times
I couldn't be a prison guard. I always see the good side of people, so I'd stink at enforcing a bunch of rules, and I'd probably get taken advantage of by the prisoners.

Old 10-03-2015, 06:10 AM

13,754 posts, read 13,260,188 times
I have a great forum friend (who is on here so she may see this) who works at a lab that does testing on animals. She is a caretaker and loves the animals. I'm really glad she is there to brighten their lives where possible. I don't deny it's important - though I'd rather they test on pedophiles . I just couldn't do it.

Old 10-03-2015, 08:32 AM

12,053 posts, read 10,226,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
As a plumber/fitter I've done most of the jobs listed in this thread most people would never do, obviously gross situations, extreme heights, danger situations, and dealing with customers has never bothered me but I have to say never, ever, again, would I wash dishes. I'd rather shovel crap, clean porta potties, do autopsies, etc, just no dishwashing.

I washed dishes for 3 years as a 2nd job and nothing even comes close to that nightmare, when I worked in refineries and had to have a scuba tank and mask on my face because breathing the air would kill me, that was a pleasure compared to watching dishes, I was in a basket lifted by a crane 157ft in the air while the crane broke down in 25mph winds, so I was stuck 157ft up for 3.5 hours and the guy I was with in the basket was freaking out, not me though, cause I wasn't washing dishes....
LOL - I always tell people that I would rather clean a truck stop toilets than wash dishes!!!

Old 10-03-2015, 10:48 AM

12,999 posts, read 18,853,443 times
Prostitute
Multilevel Marketer
Alligator Wrestler

Old 10-03-2015, 11:24 AM

1,491 posts, read 2,230,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkiforniainHouston View Post
exterminator - I don't think I could handle seeing hundreds of cockroaches, mice, etc...i'd have nightmares probably

anything that requires "hard selling"....agressive begging to please fill credit apps, buy this, buy that.....I don't mind helping customers, but I don't want to force anything on them. I'd rather treat them well so they come back and decide to extend their loyalty by getting a store credit card ON THEIR OWN VOLITION
I couldn't do hard selling, which is different from wouldn't. I'd be fired immediately for total lack of ability.

Old 10-03-2015, 11:26 AM

6,808 posts, read 6,920,862 times
Slaughterhouse
Animal Euthanizer
Lab assistant in lab that does animal testing
Butcher
Prison guard - I agree, too depressing
Pest Control
Telemarketer
Door to Door Salesman - had a brief stint as a Fuller Brush salesperson eons ago....yuck.

One job I considered, but decided against - working for a company that sent you to people's homes to remove lice from their hair in the privacy of their home. As a former hairdresser, I've seen a lot of grungy scalps, but nothing was ever moving in them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment