Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2015, 01:04 PM

1,359 posts, read 1,805,291 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sspistol View Post
There's nothing epic about using another person's firing as an excuse to walk off your job because you don't like it without having another job. It's really lame.
At least I have principle and stand up for what I believe in. If you want to keep going to a job where you have to look over your shoulder and defend yourself against lies, not to mention watching them treat others horribly, go for it.

And by the way, I had another much better job not two weeks later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2015, 01:14 PM

14,785 posts, read 24,071,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melodica View Post
At least I have principle and stand up for what I believe in. If you want to keep going to a job where you have to look over your shoulder and defend yourself against lies, not to mention watching them treat others horribly, go for it.

And by the way, I had another much better job not two weeks later.
This is so true ^^^ I think some people forget where there heart is or that they even have one . You did well and I m sure I would have done the same thing . Some people just have no backbone or gut . and yeah 10 yrs ago I had a job in less than a day when I would leave one . they all see that I graduated a named college and that looks good on their wall . LOL .

Old 10-14-2015, 01:32 PM

124 posts, read 123,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sspistol View Post
There's nothing epic about using another person's firing as an excuse to walk off your job because you don't like it without having another job. It's really lame.
That is the point of people striking or quitting. If they feel that others are being treated unfairly, then I see nothing wrong with it. That was 10 years ago when they did it and I am sure it was easier then to just find another job. Not so much now though.

Old 10-14-2015, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
This is so true ^^^ I think some people forget where there heart is or that they even have one . You did well and I m sure I would have done the same thing . Some people just have no backbone or gut . and yeah 10 yrs ago I had a job in less than a day when I would leave one . they all see that I graduated a named college and that looks good on their wall . LOL .

Yea, I am going on a year looking for another job... and I mentioned that since it was 10 years ago, it was easier to just jump to another job. That's the main reason why I want to leave the corporate world since the heart is missing here. It's all about them and their cliches and nothing else and are totally oblivious to anything else.

Old 10-14-2015, 02:27 PM

To add on to my last post, I just got yet another call about a job rejection just now and nearly cried. Haven't felt this low in a long time and this is going on a year now. Literally feel I am not good enough.

Old 10-14-2015, 07:13 PM

4,475 posts, read 6,682,080 times
Sounds to me like youre a "people person" or extrovert and your coworkers are simply not. As much as one would like to turn those coworkers into chatty cathies it simply isnt ever going to happen regardless of the occupation.

Old 10-14-2015, 09:13 PM

2,334 posts, read 2,646,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamboobam View Post
To add on to my last post, I just got yet another call about a job rejection just now and nearly cried. Haven't felt this low in a long time and this is going on a year now. Literally feel I am not good enough.
No, I don't think that's it; sounds to me like the corporate culture just doesn't suit you, which is actually a blessing because you already know you're just not wired to deal with that kind of climate. Everyone has a unique stamp to offer, but yours isn't in the corporate world, so that frees you up to abandon it altogether and return to what made you feel more like yourself.

No one should put up with rudeness. I think many times it's just a sign that you're working too hard at the wrong thing and are much more valuable and appreciated elsewhere.

Old 10-15-2015, 02:31 AM

7,024 posts, read 4,887,277 times
I had a job that I tried to make work. I was there 2 1/2 years before I'd had it and walked out the door and never went back. I think the thing that got me was all the tattling. Every time someone did something, instead of handling it between the coworkers like two adults, they'd run off and tattle to the manager. One coworker basically treated me like dirt. When I asked what I had done to offend her, she told me, "You argue with me all the time." Then she turned her back on me. Well, excuse me all to hell! She was not the boss and the so-called arguing that ensued was when she got her nose bent out of shape when I told her I was doing what I was told to do by her boss. So then I asked the manager to set her straight on who should really be telling me what to do. The manager made an excuse for this coworker and told me the other "girls" were "just young". They were all over 21, for crying out loud, one was living with her boyfriend and one was married. I asked the manager how old they had to be before they learned to be adults or learned manners.

Like I said, I tried to make it work and it was the worst job I ever had and the most miserable 2 1/2 years I've ever spent in my life. My advice is, if a job is making you crazy, get out of it now. Life is too short to deal with stupid coworkers and brainless managers.

Old 10-15-2015, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
Sounds to me like youre a "people person" or extrovert and your coworkers are simply not. As much as one would like to turn those coworkers into chatty cathies it simply isnt ever going to happen regardless of the occupation.
Its more of the opposite since I am actually more introverted and they are more extroverted. However, that has never stopped me from being polite and talking to people until I realized they were ignoring me or not making effort to acknowledge me.

Old 10-15-2015, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobiashen View Post
No, I don't think that's it; sounds to me like the corporate culture just doesn't suit you, which is actually a blessing because you already know you're just not wired to deal with that kind of climate. Everyone has a unique stamp to offer, but yours isn't in the corporate world, so that frees you up to abandon it altogether and return to what made you feel more like yourself.

No one should put up with rudeness. I think many times it's just a sign that you're working too hard at the wrong thing and are much more valuable and appreciated elsewhere.
Agreed and I really don't want to stay there past the New Year. Hoping I can be elsewhere by then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment