Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 04:32 PM

2,743 posts, read 14,255,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2justynsarah View Post
You are 100% correct!! However, I have worked in a very well known call center here in S. Florida (think of a very famous credit card company that starts with the letter "A") and they were HAWKS when anyone went on a bathroom break. In fact, I remember signing out to take a bathroom break and coming back in 3 minutes (YES, I was timed.) The team leader GRILLED me on why it took me so long to come back. He then told me that the three minutes would be docked from my lunch break. I was so mad that told him to F**K OFF!!! I quit right then and there. I don't care how famous a name this company was. I refused to be treated like that!!
OMG.

See, when someone wants to "go there" with me, all bets are off. If you're a guy and you question me for a 3 or 4 minute bathroom break you are getting ALL the *bloody* details.

Yeah, I have no problem using the "woman" card in a situation like that, in full detail, and I have seen it shut up the meanest, most intimidating men. What fun to watch them go five shades of crimson in 30 seconds.

Heh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2013, 01:11 PM

1 posts, read 890 times
Default fml

I work at a McDonald's in il. Recently I had pissed my pants because my supervisor wouldn't let me use the bathroom.... What should I do?

Old 12-13-2013, 10:01 PM

61,290 posts, read 87,078,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG77 View Post
Yeah, why do we need them? I know a lot of companies that have unions and they are only interested in collecting their dues and force you to pay those dues or you lose your job. Also, I don't need a union to fight for me to go the restroom.
most americans feel like u. u r definitely in step with the majority. i am not.
i absolutely hate mean dogs, but if people turn pit bulls loose on me, my own mean dog suddenly seems like a good idea.
the mind set of the average american, if i work hard and am honest the boss and the government will treat me fairly. LOL.
those that say this rubbish have not tried to retire.

Old 12-14-2013, 07:31 PM

313 posts, read 328,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisconsin woman View Post
Anyone in some fields of construction will say the same. You get lunch when you get lunch, there is no 30 minutes here, 10 minutes there, you grab what you can when you (reasonably) can. We've been on jobsites where you have 3 minutes to wolf down a hot dog or hide behind a building to grab a bite here and there. Ive worked for more than one company, where this is the deal and we dont get those cushy luncheons somewhere.
If an employer does this beyond the exception of a unique overly busy day, I would have quit.

You can't deny people lunch or a break within a time span of work. Some states probably have different laws regarding this but I thought it was illegal.

Old 12-14-2013, 07:33 PM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,679,547 times
why is this even a question? you either give your supervisors boss an ultimatum (i get bathroom breaks or i quit) or you resign and put that in your letter of resignation

Old 12-14-2013, 09:49 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,096 posts, read 80,136,113 times
Call centers depend on people being at their desk, and will have carefully scheduled break times to make sure everyone gets their legal time off while maintaining the phones. Normally those breaks will be sufficient for going to the bathroom, but then things happen. I would consider having to as borderline emergency, and it seems only right that a person be allowed to go. If the boss is strict they could shorten the lunch to make it up, but should really let the person go when they have to.

Old 12-14-2013, 10:14 PM

13,395 posts, read 13,402,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxCarbon1122xX View Post
I work at a McDonald's in il. Recently I had pissed my pants because my supervisor wouldn't let me use the bathroom.... What should I do?
Not sure this is a real post but anyway...

Companies are required to allow for restroom breaks. Google it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment