Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2015, 12:51 PM

124 posts, read 123,810 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newJerseyPinky View Post
Don't text. Say it in person. Texting is passive and tends to give the recipient the impression that you cannot face them.
I don't really care how they perceive me at this point. All of the lying and immaturity has me not caring at all about how they feel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2015, 01:00 PM

45,375 posts, read 60,561,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamboobam View Post
Well, I was walking in from lunch back into work and 3 of my coworkers were conversing and laughing about something. Then all of a sudden HR (owner's daughter) called me Chelsea (not my name) and they looked at me and laughed even as I stood there looking confused and I walked away as they kept laughing. No idea what this means since I have never heard this name before and it seemed weird they literally laughed in my face for no reason. They typically act fake and snobby and this is the first time that has happened.
At least they didn't call you Becky.

Chelsea may be a compliment:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Chelsea

Old 11-02-2015, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
At least they didn't call you Becky.

Chelsea may be a compliment:

Urban Dictionary: Chelsea
I doubt it since they were laughing in my face hysterically when all I was doing at the moment was minding my own business.

Old 11-02-2015, 01:26 PM

7,321 posts, read 6,925,052 times
Do not retaliate ,it will be traced back to you and hurt your future employment record.
I have been publically humiliated before, it's no big deal , just say thank you, and take it as a compliment, and let it go .
Your power to let it go, and leave you like water off a ducks back will strengthen you for the future, but if you let it eat at you, the reverse will happen.
Don't even think about it any more.

Old 11-02-2015, 01:42 PM

11,199 posts, read 9,083,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
Do not retaliate ,it will be traced back to you and hurt your future employment record.
I have been publically humiliated before, it's no big deal , just say thank you, and take it as a compliment, and let it go .
Your power to let it go, and leave you like water off a ducks back will strengthen you for the future, but if you let it eat at you, the reverse will happen.
I have been publicly humiliated before, it's no big deal , just say thank you, and take it as a compliment, and let it go . I am not sure if that is a good way to go about it. You also need to stand your ground.

Old 11-02-2015, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ryu View Post
I have been publicly humiliated before, it's no big deal , just say thank you, and take it as a compliment, and let it go . I am not sure if that is a good way to go about it. You also need to stand your ground.
I agree wholeheartedly.

Old 11-02-2015, 05:08 PM

8,056 posts, read 12,774,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newJerseyPinky View Post
Don't text. Say it in person. Texting is passive and tends to give the recipient the impression that you cannot face them.
Face to face is always better.

Old 11-02-2015, 06:30 PM

146 posts, read 213,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
Yeah, dont follow this posters advice.

What good is life if youre a doormat?

Old 11-02-2015, 07:09 PM

2,007 posts, read 2,904,604 times
Ignore and move on. Don't let them get the best of you, which they will if you make a big deal. If it happens again, say something like "what do you mean, do I look like someone named Chelsea"? And if they keep on laughing say in an overly jovial voice "Oh I get it! Let's all call each other different names!" see what they do

Old 11-03-2015, 11:04 PM

1,892 posts, read 2,533,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarksvillemom View Post
Ignore and move on. Don't let them get the best of you, which they will if you make a big deal. If it happens again, say something like "what do you mean, do I look like someone named Chelsea"? And if they keep on laughing say in an overly jovial voice "Oh I get it! Let's all call each other different names!" see what they do
Good advice. You gotta know how these passive-aggressive bullies think. They like to gang up on individuals, I guess it makes them feel important in their sad, pathetic lives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment