Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2015, 05:35 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,624,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieFan View Post
It's my personal policy to not "friend" co-workers on social media. Yes, I have co-workers who are good friends but since I see them daily, there is no need to "friend" them on social media. When any of my co-workers sends me a friend request, I'll explain to them my policy and they are all totally understanding (at least that's what they say to my face ) . That's one of the reasons why it has to be across the board (even your real friends who happen to be co-workers).

OP, to lessen the drama and drama related stress in your life, unfriend your co-workers. At the very least, "hide" them from appearing in your news feed.
That's a smart policy. I don't have FB, I guess the "newsfeed" is all these people having to tell everyone what they're doing all day?

OP, you shouldn't have any contact with them outside of work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2015, 06:50 AM

7,990 posts, read 5,381,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petitegal74 View Post
She is mad cause I told someone at work about her acting lazy and complaining.
Get away from the drama. When your job performance/evaluation comes up it will be about you.
Just focus on yourself, you can't do anything about someone else.

FB---I don't talk about work, nor do I comment on anything about work.

Old 11-06-2015, 07:24 AM

16,715 posts, read 19,400,390 times
Quote:
I have 2 females coworkers who complained about their job on Facebook.
Why are you even on these assclown's FB pages in the first place?

Old 11-06-2015, 12:17 PM

61 posts, read 59,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Why are you even on these assclown's FB pages in the first place?
They send me a friend request a year ago. I don't talk to them at work and we work different shifts. They have been posting negative Facebook status about their job. I won't be adding any co-workers on Facebook now.

Old 11-06-2015, 12:22 PM

61 posts, read 59,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
That's a smart policy. I don't have FB, I guess the "newsfeed" is all these people having to tell everyone what they're doing all day?

OP, you shouldn't have any contact with them outside of work.
I was told today that one of the girl left work early last night claiming to be sick and need to go to the hospital. Then she got on Facebook talking about going to a party. She don't want to work at all. I was asked if I have anything to say. I said no cause it is not my business. She will lose her job on her own.

Old 11-06-2015, 12:37 PM

16,715 posts, read 19,400,390 times
Quote:
They send me a friend request a year ago. I don't talk to them at work and we work different shifts. They have been posting negative Facebook status about their job. I won't be adding any co-workers on Facebook now.
I would just unfriend them or block them so you can't see their posts at all, and distance yourself from their toxicity.

Old 11-06-2015, 02:20 PM

10,326 posts, read 17,420,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPolo View Post
There is nothing illegal about bad mouthing your employer on FB. Do expect that it will lead to termination though.
If you make false statements though they could even sue for slander.

Old 11-06-2015, 02:23 PM

2,628 posts, read 4,608,769 times
This is what I believe.

If you and others are noticing their behavior, it's just a matter of time before upper management notices as well. If this is retail, it's safe to assume that there are cameras, and thus would be easy to see they are slacking off.

I also agree with others never to friend co-workers or anyone from work on FB. Nor should anyone ever talk about anything work related. I only add old co-workers once I am no longer with the company. And even then we don't talk about the company publicly.

Old 11-06-2015, 03:41 PM

16,066 posts, read 21,123,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan20 View Post
When you're expected to do the work that others won't do and you take a stand, that IS worrying about yourself.
Yeah, I'm kind of surprised so many people think a lot of jobs are so compartmentalized.
When others are slacking someone still has to do the work and that's why people tend to notice what their co-workers are (or aren't) doing. At the end of the day X, Y, and Z need to be done and if my co-worker does none of it it means I must do all of it. And frankly the managers don't pay attention and often don't care how it gets done, just that it does get done, so yes, it pays to speak up if you find yourself stuck in a situation like this.

Old 11-06-2015, 09:06 PM

2,508 posts, read 2,174,100 times
These two women are entitled & lazy wastrels, and should be $#@-canned. They don't deserve that job. Hopefully their FB posts can be used against them as evidence that they're lazy slackers.

I bust my hump at my job, and hate it when lazy co-workers who aren't doing their work cause me to increase my work-load. Scum-bags.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment