Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2015, 08:34 AM

118 posts, read 210,946 times

Advertisements

Well I went to the meeting. No, there is nothing they can do, like I said. It was basically a waste of time. The Union rep didn't help at all, which I'll get into in a moment.

The part that I left out is somewhat complicated, but I'll tell you anyway. For some reason, one of my coworkers HATES me. Like, real anger, hatred. I was told he has a pattern of this, and there has been 3 or 4 people before me he "pushed" out of the job. My previous manager even told me this man is a "bad person".

When I first started the job 7 years ago, all was good for the first few months. Then, my coworker managed to find all kinds of "problems", you know stupid things. He always took it directly the Principal, instead of trying to come to me or just ask if I could do better.

He managed to make my reputation look as if I was lazy. I didn't do my job, I wasn't going "above and beyond". I was even told by the Principal I need to "step up to the plate". The thing was, I WAS stepping up to the plate, doing my best. I knew exactly what my co worker was doing: He didn't like me for whatever reason, so he was creating problems, making me look bad, wanted me written up, fired, etc. I couldn't do good even if I really was doing good, because the man couldn't stand me. Thats the point.

I've always been nothing but nice to this person, I've never even said a mean thing to him over the years. He has responded with nothing but anger and hate. Over the years, he became a workplace bully. Probably because I never said anything back, I just wanted to do my job and go home. And if I did say anything back, he'd get in my face, and I like to avoid confrontation.

After awhile, I had a meltdown. I told the Principal everything. I wrote a long letter, went to Human Resources and didn't show up to work for awhile, mostly because I knew there'd more than likely be a screaming match and potentially a fistfight. This is this person. He wanted me gone. I told them this man was a bully, and if they didn't do anything about it I'd quit.

The next few years he left me alone. Everything was pretty good at work. Until, my manager retired and they hired this guy as my new manager. My old manager even told me, "You think it's bad now..? Wait until they hire him...then you'll be looking for a new job".

Now, we have a new Principal, A new guy I work with, and some other new staff. And my new manager has made it his personal mission to tell everyone who will listen that I am lazy, I'm a jerk, I'm this and that. Now, the new principal and coworker don't like me. In fact, people rarely talk to me.

So yes, they are building a case against me. They're trying to fire me, and the Union rep is best friends with my new manager and is NOT on my side, at all. In fact, it was a huge mistake to even involve him. All he did was drag it out, send out a huge mass email telling everybody about my "meeting".

Now he's trying to force me to go for another job at a different school..you know, so my 6 month probation starts and they can fire me no questions asked. Thats the plan.

So, I really need a new job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2015, 08:40 AM

455 posts, read 578,681 times
I get x amount of sick days a year, I use them all. Never been an issue once.

The way I see it, if I am getting my job done there should be no complaints about taking time off.

Old 12-16-2015, 10:39 AM

5,021 posts, read 7,450,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadwell10201 View Post
Well I went to the meeting. No, there is nothing they can do, like I said. It was basically a waste of time. The Union rep didn't help at all, which I'll get into in a moment.

The part that I left out is somewhat complicated, but I'll tell you anyway. For some reason, one of my coworkers HATES me. Like, real anger, hatred. I was told he has a pattern of this, and there has been 3 or 4 people before me he "pushed" out of the job. My previous manager even told me this man is a "bad person".

When I first started the job 7 years ago, all was good for the first few months. Then, my coworker managed to find all kinds of "problems", you know stupid things. He always took it directly the Principal, instead of trying to come to me or just ask if I could do better.

He managed to make my reputation look as if I was lazy. I didn't do my job, I wasn't going "above and beyond". I was even told by the Principal I need to "step up to the plate". The thing was, I WAS stepping up to the plate, doing my best. I knew exactly what my co worker was doing: He didn't like me for whatever reason, so he was creating problems, making me look bad, wanted me written up, fired, etc. I couldn't do good even if I really was doing good, because the man couldn't stand me. Thats the point.

I've always been nothing but nice to this person, I've never even said a mean thing to him over the years. He has responded with nothing but anger and hate. Over the years, he became a workplace bully. Probably because I never said anything back, I just wanted to do my job and go home. And if I did say anything back, he'd get in my face, and I like to avoid confrontation.

After awhile, I had a meltdown. I told the Principal everything. I wrote a long letter, went to Human Resources and didn't show up to work for awhile, mostly because I knew there'd more than likely be a screaming match and potentially a fistfight. This is this person. He wanted me gone. I told them this man was a bully, and if they didn't do anything about it I'd quit.

The next few years he left me alone. Everything was pretty good at work. Until, my manager retired and they hired this guy as my new manager. My old manager even told me, "You think it's bad now..? Wait until they hire him...then you'll be looking for a new job".

Now, we have a new Principal, A new guy I work with, and some other new staff. And my new manager has made it his personal mission to tell everyone who will listen that I am lazy, I'm a jerk, I'm this and that. Now, the new principal and coworker don't like me. In fact, people rarely talk to me.

So yes, they are building a case against me. They're trying to fire me, and the Union rep is best friends with my new manager and is NOT on my side, at all. In fact, it was a huge mistake to even involve him. All he did was drag it out, send out a huge mass email telling everybody about my "meeting".

Now he's trying to force me to go for another job at a different school..you know, so my 6 month probation starts and they can fire me no questions asked. Thats the plan.

Long story short - using sick days is not the real story... best of luck!

Old 12-16-2015, 06:46 PM

1,858 posts, read 3,104,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadwell10201 View Post

Huh? So why did we spend nine pages talking about using (abusing) sick time. Then you come up with an entirely different story that has absolutely NOTHNG to do with sick time? Can you say high drama?

Old 12-17-2015, 02:57 PM

2,053 posts, read 1,527,589 times
Soooooo, why didn't you tell us about this guy from the beginning if you knew he had it in for you?

This really wasn't about sick time use, that is/was a ruse to get you out. Either this guy is good at his job (he got promoted to be your manager) or very manipulative (he pushed 3 or 4 out of the job). Your old manager tried to warn you. That was the time that you should have been doing everything by the book while looking for a new job. Now it's going to be a race to find a new job before you are fired.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment