Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2015, 08:35 AM

15,268 posts, read 35,619,033 times

Advertisements

Not sure why this is in the Texas forum, either.

However, maybe you are negative, difficult, and bad with clients?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2015, 11:34 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,118,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txstate View Post
Write everything down, time stamp it and then report to HR.

And what will this do?

Old 12-10-2015, 11:54 AM

367 posts, read 457,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by writer71 View Post
I was recently informed by a co worker that our supervisor held a private meeting two weeks after she joined the company. In this meeting, she was told that she needed to "watch out for me" The new employee was told that I was difficult, negative, had no experience in my field ( I have nearly two decades of experience) and that I was not to be to be allowed to talk to clients. The new hire was told that in the supervisor's absence, she would be "in charge" and I was never to be in charge. I am over forty and the only male employee in my department.

Do I have any legal recourse?
I think you're co-worker is making up a story so that she can be in charge. Why is she hitting on all points (you are negative AND difficult AND have no experience AND can't talk to clients AND you are never to be in charge) like that? Why do you just assume she is telling the truth here? She has a lot to gain by having you play a secondary role to her.

It's a shame that you don't respect the supervisor enough to even consider this as a possibility.

Old 12-10-2015, 12:15 PM

16,066 posts, read 21,123,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles22 View Post
If your co-worker confided in you enough to share the dirt from a secret meeting that was meant to discuss you in private, then this person respects you more than she does your supervisor. The supervisor may be poisoning every employee against you.
That's kind of a stretch. It could also mean that his new coworker has no respect for him and wants to belittle him by making this info known.
It's also a stretch to assume the supervisor is threatened by him, she could be genuinely trying to make the new employee aware of potential problems with the guy. It happens.

Old 12-10-2015, 12:21 PM

22,566 posts, read 47,614,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by writer71 View Post

Do I have any legal recourse?
For what?
Gossip by someone who just might be after your job?
For all you know, the new employee made it all up....

Old 12-10-2015, 12:26 PM

5,198 posts, read 5,274,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
For what?
Gossip by someone who just might be after your job?
For all you know, the new employee made it all up....
Agreed.

Unless their was some previous beef with the supervisor that the OP left out, I would be very careful about automatically believing something like that said by someone who's been there a few weeks.

Use common sense, OP.

Why would your supervisor trust a newbie with this info? Why would a newbie (whose allegiance should lie with management in a new job) spill the beans?

Has the supervisor actively done anything to you in the past?

I know that it feels good to believe that a manger is threatened by you, but just don't.

Old 12-10-2015, 01:10 PM

6,131 posts, read 7,982,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txstate View Post
Write everything down, time stamp it and then report to HR.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
And what will this do?
Probably get both the OP and the new hire fired.

Old 12-10-2015, 01:40 PM

10,326 posts, read 17,420,544 times
Time to either transfer to a different department or search for a new job most likely the later. Bad supervisor is a no-win scenario.

Old 12-10-2015, 06:07 PM

9,891 posts, read 11,757,343 times
It could all be the truth the co-worker passed on. The supervisor may very well be unsatisfied with the OP's work, and attitude, and just warning the co-worker.

The supervisor may see things a lot different than the OP sees them. This is quite common in the work place.

Old 12-12-2015, 09:01 PM

393 posts, read 359,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detachable arm View Post
Walk it off. Then try to find a job that is as close to 100% male as possible.
I am a female, so I hate to say it but yes.
Most women are wretched to other women. The reason we don't get further in business is because women spend a lot of time cutting on other women. Men stick together and generally dodge the bratty bull*.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment