Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2016, 01:47 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,621,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarzanman View Post
2. The mean ladies where she works will start treating her more nicely after they realize she is on her way out.
No they won't! Why would they? They will be happy she is gone. They very well could make a person's final 2 weeks a living hell. I've seen it happen to people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2016, 04:26 PM

8 posts, read 8,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSnocturnal View Post
Take it from a woman, being a woman working for other women is a nightmare 90% of the time.

One reason I always hope to have a male boss(s). They can be just as bad as men in the 50s...
Come to think of it she has made comments to the effect of how women are out to get her and that it's why she's never had many girlfriends, that other girls have always treated her badly. I also remember one time she exclaimed "This is what happens when women work for women". Hmm...

Old 01-11-2016, 05:06 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,481,067 times
She out to consider going to technical college to get a certificate /training in some kind of specialty area where she can get another job.

I think it's a HUGE red flag that she drank a BOTTLE of Vodka when she got upset. She might be alcoholic.

Old 01-11-2016, 08:18 PM

1,063 posts, read 1,362,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qbanb8582 View Post
Come to think of it she has made comments to the effect of how women are out to get her and that it's why she's never had many girlfriends, that other girls have always treated her badly. I also remember one time she exclaimed "This is what happens when women work for women". Hmm...

Women are catty, it's true, but if you come off as weak to the rest of the pack, they're going to take advantage of you. She needs to not let herself be walked all over.

Old 01-12-2016, 09:09 AM

2,702 posts, read 2,764,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qbanb8582 View Post
Personally, I think it's paranoia.

Old 01-13-2016, 06:02 PM

2,432 posts, read 2,690,587 times
I can relate as I came home crying after work from a previous job I hated. I didnt like the job field or people. Looking back, it wouldnt probably bother me as mucn now, but it was horrible at the time. My husband knew I hated it and fully supported me in looking for new work. I know it effected us some, as nobody wants to deal with someone upset everyday but he was great through it. Most days I just needed to vent. If she has done this same thing with other jobs, then it may be her more then the job and how she handles things. If not, then its probably time to find new work.

DUIs shouldnt really effect her much. Maybe she should apply to banks, teller position pays ok and benefits are decent. Its entry level, no degree and good experience. Or if she applys for office jobs, those may be good. I guess at this point with how bad she says it is, even working a fast food job would be better. She needs to just start applying to everything she can.

I just hope she has a handle on the drinking.

Old 02-28-2016, 05:16 PM

60 posts, read 46,129 times
Your gf needs a professional female mentor. Does she have an older woman in her life that can help her navigate some of these issues? It can be difficult as a woman working for other women, especially if the environment isn't very professional. Your gf probably feels hurt by
Not being including in the clique and those mean girls can smell it a mile away. Is there some type of admin training program where she can sharpen her skills...like maybe at a community college or job center? Also if she has not been in an office environment before, maybe it is her skills. Good luck!

Old 02-28-2016, 05:26 PM

341 posts, read 1,232,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Why not?

Is this behavior out of the ordinary? How well does she typically handle stress? Has she had other jobs?
I'm sure she can. No job is worth the emotional stress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment