Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2016, 10:06 AM

16,715 posts, read 19,355,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Uhmmmmmmm....whether my nips are DARK and show through white is another matter. I believe I mentioned a freezing office. My nips could cut through glass - now do you get it?! Men! ...but I"m sure you'd enjoy the show.

I have a pair of "No Peaks" that I put in each cup of my bra. It keeps points & darkness from showing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2016, 10:25 AM

13,754 posts, read 13,257,395 times
I can relate to not wanting to. And sometimes, when it's cold enough for multiple layers, I'll just put on a camisole that has the built-in support and layer up from there.

My layers normally consist of tank top, tee shirt, long sleeve shirt, sweater, then coat with scarves and gloves. I'm going to hate it when it snows!!

Old 01-16-2016, 10:30 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,893,738 times
Science says:

wearing bras are unhealthy -

Here's Why You Shouldn't Wear A Bra, According To Science | IFLScience

AND,

they make your boobs sag (yeah, I know it is counter intuitive, but facts are facts) -

Bras Make Breasts Sag, 15-Year Study Concludes - Medical News Today

Old 01-16-2016, 10:55 AM

2,441 posts, read 2,598,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Uhmmmmmmm....whether my nips are DARK and show through white is another matter. I believe I mentioned a freezing office. My nips could cut through glass - now do you get it?! Men! ...but I"m sure you'd enjoy the show.
You wait until you've had kids. The temp doesn't matter at all then.

Old 01-16-2016, 11:17 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,099,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
I haven't worn a bra in years. I have a huge assortment of multicolored camisoles with a comfy built-in bra shelf that I can wear day or night. They can be worn under any clothes, layered under sweaters or jackets or worn as a gym top or pajama top. Highly recommend.
I love those. I can only wear them around the house though. They aren't supportive enough.

Old 01-16-2016, 11:49 AM

37,494 posts, read 45,798,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post
I detest wearing a bra. I think it's ridiculous that we have to wear wire and squish our boobs because people find nipples under clothes appealing/offensive.

I wear one because I have to, but if I can wear clothes that cover me adequately I will skip it.

I think women won't truly be equal as long as we have to manipulate our bodies in a hurtful way to please others. It's the modern equivalent of a corset. The only somewhat male equivalent is a tie, and I rarely see that even in corporate America. (Except lawyers, bankers, and execs)
Seriously? I wear a bra because it looks awful without one. And frankly, it feels better as well. I don't like the bouncing around, so I want my boobs supported and covered.

Old 01-16-2016, 11:52 AM

37,494 posts, read 45,798,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Science says:

wearing bras are unhealthy -

Here's Why You Shouldn't Wear A Bra, According To Science | IFLScience

AND,

they make your boobs sag (yeah, I know it is counter intuitive, but facts are facts) -

Bras Make Breasts Sag, 15-Year Study Concludes - Medical News Today
Yeah right. Both links refer to one study by a male FRENCH researcher. Sure. I'm gonna just go with the "facts".

Old 01-16-2016, 02:33 PM

1,274 posts, read 975,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Yeah right. Both links refer to one study by a male FRENCH researcher. Sure. I'm gonna just go with the "facts".
What's wrong with being French?

More seriously, there are some researches that should lead to more work on this topic, especially if the correlation with breast cancer is confirmed. It doesn't mean that all women should stop wearing a bra, just that just like we went from the corset to the bra, maybe there is some improvements to make to reduce those risks while enjoying all the current benefits.

Old 01-16-2016, 04:01 PM

687 posts, read 614,727 times
I wear bras so my nipples don't poke into fabric and become visible or more "accessible" looking at work. Although frankly, I enjoy looking at my cleavage and squishing the girls myself. Bras are expensive if they are comfortable and itchy and pinchy if they aren't. I hate shopping for something I don't even like wearing.

Funny thing is that even showing that you are wearing a bra is scandalous... if strap peeks over your shoulder... as if boobs are supposed to naturally be inconspicuous lumps and if anyone is reminded that they are not it is offensive.

I have mixed feelings on how much I should do what I want and how considerate I need to be of others. Women at my office are accused of looking for sexual attention by other women if they wear anything remotely revealing, and under a previous female boss one girl was sent home to change for showing midriff when she lifted her arms.

I worry that others would think I am trying to use sex to get favors at work when I really want to feel comfortable. What is ironic is "sexy" clothes are generally less comfortable, and bras are marketed as sexy clothes.

If I could avoid social stigma, I would never wear a bra.

Old 01-16-2016, 04:55 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,283,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasolin View Post
What's wrong with being French?

More seriously, there are some researches that should lead to more work on this topic, especially if the correlation with breast cancer is confirmed. It doesn't mean that all women should stop wearing a bra, just that just like we went from the corset to the bra, maybe there is some improvements to make to reduce those risks while enjoying all the current benefits.
Check out snopes - there is no relationship of wearing bras and cancer. The correlation is between more industrialized countries where bra-wearing is prevalent and then the diet that goes along with that environment. No causal effect between the two. BTW, no causal effect of using deodorant and breast cancer either....!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment