Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2016, 01:47 AM

8 posts, read 17,877 times

Advertisements

Once in a while I google my name and city to see what comes up (e.g. Firstname Lastname City State). There is the run of the mill stuff that shows your name and address amongst other things but usually nothing too intrusive--public record stuff I imagine (from registering to vote perhaps??). I've even been able to remove some indexed stuff on occasion.

Anyway, on this particular search, I see a listing on google for a site called Trustoria, a Centerex company (never heard of them). It alleges to be a site for finding professionals in your area (I didn't sign up for this). My name, city, and work history popped up. The snapshot they provide is basically a mini-resume. If you click on your profile, they want $19.95/month to see the rest. There doesn't appear to be any way to request that they remove this listing.

The best I could find on google about this company/organization was this: http://finance.yahoo.com/news/radari...140000972.html

This part really irked me:
Search for professionals can be conducted by a variety of criteria including professional category, job title, skill keywords, company name, location or a specific individual’s name. Users will get a list of all the professionals in the field or find all the employees who work, or worked, for a specific company without needing to know their last name. Each professional profile contains an individual's full name, location, job titles, school information and photograph to help verify the person's identity, when available. “With Trustoria, businesses and consumers no longer need to rely on a small subset of participating service providers or be restricted by closed professional networks,” said Chris Olive, CEO, Radaris America. “This directory is another major step toward more honest, transparent communities across the country and brings with it greater professional accountability,” continued Olive.

Anyone ever heard of them? According to the article, they seem to be a new company. I'm just wondering where they sourced this information from.

Last edited by Foggy Night; 01-25-2016 at 01:55 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2016, 04:24 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,703,398 times
Have you ever applied for a job?

Old 01-25-2016, 09:03 AM

1,500 posts, read 2,901,442 times
Are you on LinkedIn?

Old 01-25-2016, 01:16 PM

2,695 posts, read 3,771,202 times
Hard to say, the other replies here are asking you something similar. If you posted your resume online somewhere for a job search, your resume may have been picked up and indexed by the various "people search" companies.

Old 01-25-2016, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowbelle View Post
Are you on LinkedIn?
No, but I do have an Indeed account (which I look at occasionally) and a couple other job board accounts which I haven't used in a long time. Oh, and I signed up with Workpop (heard good things about it) not too long ago. I've never had problems with Indeed. Perhaps it's Workpop? Or Trustario/Radaris is just picking up my data from another source?

Last edited by Foggy Night; 01-25-2016 at 09:42 PM.. Reason: Ambiguity

Old 01-25-2016, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maus View Post
Hard to say, the other replies here are asking you something similar. If you posted your resume online somewhere for a job search, your resume may have been picked up and indexed by the various "people search" companies.
I think you might be right. Virtually the only way to apply for a job nowadays is to apply online, and when you do, you're subjected to possibly having your information exposed to the world at large. Sad state of affairs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment