Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2016, 04:26 PM

1 posts, read 587 times

Advertisements

So I'm sure there is probably a better forum to post this in, but here goes nothing anyway. I am in my mid 20's, have a finance degree and also have Aspergers (relatively high-functioning). The last few years I have spent in high level fundraising, as a consultant and development director. I know you must all be thinking, "how did he get by in fundraising with Aspergers?" Honestly, it is a shock to me too. As a consultant, it was a little easier because I was just telling people what I think and as you all may know, aspie's love to be right. As a development director however, it is a different story...constantly working with your board, dealing with people, etc. I took this job because of a move a couple months ago and am already looking for a way out..it is just too much.

My question is this -- I want to make the move over to something in finance. All I have is a finance degree..however, a lot of my experience can be spun in a good financial way (raised hundreds of millions of dollars, constantly analyzed data, managed people, etc.). Are there any recommendations for jobs that would be best for a transition/jobs that would be best for me to look at? I make decent money now, so don't want to take that much of a hit, if possible. However, my aspie needs definitely come first. Any suggestions would be very, very much appreciated. It's Friday again and that means I will be spending the weekend looking at/for jobs so I can get manage my life a little better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2016, 01:38 AM

469 posts, read 398,350 times
I know we have financial analysts at my company (banking). That sounds like something you might be interested in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment