Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2016, 07:31 AM

440 posts, read 549,365 times

Advertisements

So, I was hired for a position at a company that I did business with in the past. Important to note that I had a decent relationship on a business and somewhat personal level prior to starting the posistion.

Once hired.. Went in to the screening company... Did a Drug Test, Background Check , etc...

FIRST Off -- they entered my info wrong and accused me a being a undocumented illegal alien worker

Second-- Told company my I did not cooperate with submitting a drug test-- Once again wrong documentation-- I did the test and gave them my prescription information and was told that was a admission of abuse????

Now, Unfortunately I am on pain medication which was known well in advance and all paper work was documented.

Also have a not so great credit record to due to a combination of events.... In which can understand that being held against me.

After two weeks of employment --the screening company issued me a NON HIRE Grade-- Based on Failing a Drug Test , Suspicious Credit and Possible Past and Present Criminal activity. Went on to include a letter of my "elusive" behavior at their facilities stating that they believed I could also be stealing identities ( once again Why? )

NO PROOF OF ANY OF THE ABOVE SUSPICION -- just a "gut" feeling . And did not include that I did have a prescription for the "failing" of the drug test. I had to provide that document to employer.

My offices are endorsing me but the corporate office is placing me under unpaid leave-- Yet NOTHING in the employee handbook was broken -- and it's based on the presentation and "letter of recommendation" NO CONCRETE INFO or wrong doing....

What should I do??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2016, 08:13 AM

10,326 posts, read 17,420,544 times
I would at this point threaten a lawsuit against the screening company. Mod cut and others have lost similar lawsuits. You have a right to see what the screening company sent the company and can subpoena them if necessary.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 02-13-2016 at 11:29 PM.. Reason: Company name deleted.

Old 02-13-2016, 08:19 AM

8,340 posts, read 6,779,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augie6 View Post
So, I was hired for a position at a company that I did business with in the past. Important to note that I had a decent relationship on a business and somewhat personal level prior to starting the posistion.

What should I do??

Why did you agree to work for them in the first place?

Old 02-13-2016, 09:18 AM

1,752 posts, read 3,752,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgustedman View Post
Why did you agree to work for them in the first place?
Wasn't the employer but the background check company...

Mod cut.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 02-13-2016 at 11:18 PM.. Reason: Off-topic.

Old 02-13-2016, 09:31 AM

363 posts, read 433,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchemist80 View Post
I would at this point threaten a lawsuit against the screening company. [Snip.] and others have lost similar lawsuits. You have a right to see what the screening company sent the company and can subpoena them if necessary.
I agree. You have the right to sue if the company or someone is preventing you from getting a job and you have proof that you did nothing wrong. At least talk to a lawyer or go to the website Avvo.com where you can ask lawyers for free consulting or advice. I am sorry this has happened to you. It sucks getting excited about a job just to have something like this happens.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 02-13-2016 at 11:30 PM..

Old 02-13-2016, 09:52 AM

902 posts, read 1,103,789 times
Quote:
I would at this point threaten a lawsuit against the screening company. [Snip.] and others have lost similar lawsuits. You have a right to see what the screening company sent the company and can subpoena them if necessary.

Is the company in question here Mod cut.?

the OP did not say, but they are the largest and worst

they own a sister company that harasses commercial drivers and applicants using something they call DAC which is like a "employee reliability /safety" report

the gov't and employees treat it like a legit source of accurate unbiased data from a law enforcement source

but its inaccurate nonsense reported by previous employers after you quit them then compiled by a private company known for inaccuracies..... hireright

http://askthetrucker.com/hireright-c...s-mvr-records/

http://askthetrucker.com/false-dac-r...r-cdl-drivers/

Last edited by PJSaturn; 02-13-2016 at 11:31 PM.. Reason: Company name deleted.

Old 02-13-2016, 11:41 AM

13,395 posts, read 13,497,029 times
OP, what is the name of the screening company? Some things don't sound right.

Usually, the company that does the background screen is different than the lab that does the drug testing. From my experience, the testing lab doesn't have any info on the patient except for the company's name, the employee's name and the required tests. When you take the drug test, you fill out a consent form and there are places to put down any important information like prescription drugs you are taking.

Also, even if the background screening company made a mistake inputting your name, how would it pull up the name of an illegal alien? Most undocumented people aren't in anyone's system.

What company puts employees on "unpaid leave" for something like this? They would fire you outright. This story sounds too unusual to be factual.

Old 02-13-2016, 03:30 PM

8,340 posts, read 6,779,917 times
Mod cut: Orphaned (quoted post has been deleted).

I was asking why he wanted to work for them as previously being a contractor was sounding better than being employed by them...

Last edited by PJSaturn; 02-13-2016 at 11:24 PM..

Old 02-13-2016, 03:40 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,624,242 times
Quote:
This, and I would talk to your corporate office and make sure you tell them exactly what you said here, that they had you down as an undocumented worker. It sounds like they screwed up big time.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 02-13-2016 at 11:32 PM..

Old 02-13-2016, 04:30 PM

10,113 posts, read 19,394,180 times
OP---I'm so sorry all this has happened to you. We were in a similar position. We were falsely accused of child abuse. The entire event was ruled out for lack of evidence, however, the very accusations remained in our "files". Any deep dives revealed the accusations, although never the fact that the case was closed and ruled out. Ironically, the information was redacted from the dept of CPS, so we have no way to prove the outcome. However, just the information itself is still floating around in various forms. All it takes is an accusation, the results are unimportant.

Our credit tanked for a number of years, due to unemployment, underemployment, and huge medical bills.

I got a negative drug screen due to prescription drugs. Like the OP, I had disclosed my perscriptions to the drug screen lab, but they don't take that into consideration. Obviously, anyone could put down any type of drug with the purpose of passing a drug screen.

We've finally managed to put all this behind us, mainly through the passing of time. Its simply amazing what damage can be caused by false accusations......irony is, neither my dh nor I have ever touched an illegal substance....not even once.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment