Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2016, 04:36 AM

472 posts, read 438,216 times

Advertisements

Especially lately, I've felt exhausted while at work to the point where it's a struggle to stay awake. Have you ever experienced something like this and if so, what did you do? Did you end up seeing a doctor and what was the cause?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2016, 05:16 AM

7,296 posts, read 11,863,774 times
Go to Soul Cycle on lunch break.

Old 02-14-2016, 05:59 AM

8,041 posts, read 10,634,161 times
I usually that find that I am more tired and stressed at work both mentally, and physically, when there are things pressing in my personal life that are affecting me and need my attention. Sometimes, it helps to take a few days off just to "sort things through" outside of work, and I usually find I go back to work with more energy to burn. That, and the obvious things like going to bed earlier and trying to eat more nutritiously (hard when you work though, I know).

Then again, you could have depression or another medical condition, so you might want to see a doctor.

Old 02-14-2016, 08:01 AM

138 posts, read 173,161 times
Consider your physical surroundings. Could you be exposed to carbon monoxide, mold, allergens, chemicals that could be making you tired?

Old 02-14-2016, 08:53 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,481,067 times
Are you young and do you go out during evenings for your social life?

When I was a young adult, I worked a 9-5 full-time job and also went to college at night and also had a very active social life. I met friends many weekday evenings and often came home by 11PM and then had to get up early in the morning for work.

I remember being very tired at work back then. I also had a 1hour commute (each way) to work - which meant my workday was long when you add the commute time.

Once I got older and settled down (and finished going to college during the evening), then I started being home most weeknights. At that point I never noticed being tired at work anymore unless I had to get up in the middle of the night.

Bottom line, go to bed earlier so you can get more sleep. Also try to sleep through the entire night. When I worked computer support emergencies I would have to wake up in the middle of the night after being sound asleep several hours. Then I would do intense brain work on the computer for anyway where 30 minutes to 3 hours, and then go back to sleep. This really screwed up my sleep pattern and it would usually take me 3 full days to recover just from one episode. I would be groggy for several days after that. I think parents of infants have similar sleep/groggy issues.

---Completely different idea: If you work nights, it could be that your natural body clock is off kilter with the night schedule because you are awake during the day on your days off. Or, if you work nights and also stick to same schedule on your days off, it's possible your natural body clock just doesn't handle the night shift that well. I read some articles that each person's body clock has preferences and even if you try to alter them, you might be not your optimal self.

Last edited by sware2cod; 02-14-2016 at 09:04 AM..

Old 02-14-2016, 10:12 AM

2,156 posts, read 3,332,379 times
Yeah, get yourself a check up. It may be nothing or it could be something serious. Back in college, I had a friend who suddenly became tired and she couldn't figure why. She came up with all kinds of reasons and excuses. It must be school, it must be this and that.

So finally, she went to get a check up. Unfortantely, it was too late for her. She have full blown cancer. She died a few months after her check up. A healthy looking 21 yr old having full blown cancer. That was a shocker.

Old 02-14-2016, 10:27 AM

29,514 posts, read 22,641,616 times
C-pap

Old 02-14-2016, 02:51 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,506,680 times
I agree that you should get checked up. Sleep apnea, a chronic illness, messed up sleep cycle--- all of those things (and more) could be the cause. Better to get it looked at and taken care of asap in case it's something serious and preventable.

Old 02-14-2016, 06:52 PM

1,394 posts, read 1,258,351 times
Ask for a TSH Thyroid Level test at the doctor's office. Simple blood test. Eat better and all the above advice as well. Also what changed my sleep was buying a Temperpedic mattress and new down pillows. Also try a multi-vitamin with a healthy breakfast.
I also suggest espresso.

Old 02-14-2016, 07:08 PM

7,977 posts, read 4,985,438 times
Get yourself a good probiotic and multivitamin.

I found I had a bunch of bad bacteria in me causing fatigue , and started taking a higher priced probiotic, I have felt better than I have in a long time.

If its happening at work its a combined factor of probably stress, mold, allergens, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment