Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2015, 03:26 PM

1 posts, read 1,094 times

Advertisements

Hello, Im Sandra Travis, I have work for Resource Employment Solutions in Chattanooga, TN, they owe me money from the week of 1/4/2015 to 1/10/15 the Company stayed that the check is part of another semi monthly pay period, but after reviewing with my CPA, he notice they miss a week of pay , because semimonthly period from 12/21/14 to 1/10/2015, that's 3 weeks, they do not want to pay this. Who do I contact for help??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2015, 04:29 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,339,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxMover View Post
My employer isnt paying me in a timely fashion. It has been 3.5 week since start date and I still have not recieved first pay check. What are my rights? I can't keep working for free.
You have the right to quit. I always say when the pay check stops coming in then I stop coming in.

Old 06-15-2015, 10:06 AM

1 posts, read 999 times
I started working at my new job on the first of this month and they said that they get paid every two weeks so I pay day would of been today (the 15th) and I didn't get paid. My boss didn't have me entered into the system right away so I missed pay day because of her and I have to wait until next pay day which is 2 weeks away. Is this right ?

Old 06-24-2015, 04:45 PM

2 posts, read 1,875 times
I've been frustrated with my employer... been with them 8 months... they pay 10 hours on books... rest in cash - server pay.. I was out for almost 5 weeks injured and returned to work 2.5 weeks and so far have only gotten cash for 2 days and a check for 10 hours.. Mind you - they brought in some new girls while I was out (very small place only need 4 of us to function day and night). They owe me for 2 weeks ago cash and last week cash AND check and 2 days this week for 8 hours. I left them this week - they have always treated me well but after my 5 week absence suddenly I'm the annoyance to the main owner which prior I had a great working relationship with. After some time off realized it's just not my "deal" to be paid that way and treated very improperly at work (which they are notorious for). I still need to go and pick up my 2 weeks of cash pay and 8 hours of pay this week.... have researched the law online in case they resist payment to me as they have MANY employees they pay "under the table" at two of their restaurant locations. BASICALLY waiting for $82.50 and $52.50 and $40.00 - he's 2 weeks behind paying me and I WILL ensure I get what he owes.

Old 06-27-2015, 02:37 PM

1 posts, read 942 times
Hello I wanted to see if anyone could help me , about 4 weeks ago the law firm where i work for 3 1/2 years shut down and i didn't get pay for the three weeks and available PTO that i had earned and worked for .what can i do on this situation ?

Old 06-29-2015, 05:56 AM

1,134 posts, read 1,124,133 times
Miller4golf has the best advice and where you should be looking.

My son is in a situation where he gets his paycheck and isn't able to cash it for at least another two weeks after he has the check in his hand. He's only been there a year and has been looking for a job in his field of his degree since he got his Masters. In PA, it's law that the employer HAS to pay you within ten days of the original pay date. He's more than disgusted at this situation, yet he can't find a job in his field. He could sue the employer and they'd also have to pay fines and penalties, (some of which he'd get) but then he'd be without a job.

I don't know if the employer is kiting checks, but they just changed banks and the new bank wouldn't cash his check unless he opened an account with them. He did that because he deposited one of his first paychecks from them and it bounced and his employer never reimbursed him for the bounced check fee.

Unless you have another job, you're screwed. I don't understand how people with kids and mortgages are expected to live like that.

Old 07-10-2015, 09:42 PM

2 posts, read 1,875 times
posting back. of course I went in to collect my past pay/hours (only 2 weeks after leaving) and he argued about 10 hours he still owed me. 1 or 2 I could shrug off but NOT 10. I have kids and 10 hours unpaid I could have spent with them instead.

Old 07-10-2015, 09:52 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,526,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyneiikinz View Post
I am A 16 year Old Girl.. my mom Gets Paid the 21st Of Every Month. And Today As My mom Rang Up the Company Withdrawn Her Wages From The Bank, My mom Has No Money To Get To Work.. We Have No Money For Food Shopping As We Planned I Cannot Go Any Where With No Money, And I Carnt Get My Pocket Money On saturday... What Are My Moms Rights?
Stop relying on Mom... BTW how can you possibly capitalize every word and leave out the ones that actually should be capitalized, like Saturday?

Old 07-10-2015, 09:53 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,526,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Stop relying on Mom... BTW how can you possible capitalize every word and leave out the ones that actually should be capitalized, like Saturday?
Arrgggh.. Old thread and I just noticed but still wondering how this capitalization happens.

Old 07-21-2015, 05:44 PM

1 posts, read 867 times
Angry What can I do about not getting the money I've earned?

So I started working at this little shop selling trainers and I've been working there just over a month but I haven't even been payed for the hours I did over that month, I was supposed to have been payed on 9th but still not had a single penny, I keep messaging and ringing the manager but there has been no replies what so ever. It is really frustrating me now because I've worked for that money but I'm not seeing any of it, I need this money because my mom has just had an operation so she can't work and my little brother had Autism, PDA, Skitzophrenia and Asperges so we have to pay for all sorts of therapies but we can't afford it. What can I do about this?!? Who can I speak to?

Last edited by Beakerbee15; 07-21-2015 at 06:21 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment