Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2016, 11:18 AM

832 posts, read 1,417,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-fused View Post
I was one...but I blame her. I mean if she’d just have given in to me, the unwanted attention would have stopped.
Hahaha...

Her fault!

No, I've never stalked or been stalked that I know of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2016, 05:46 PM

2,508 posts, read 2,174,100 times
I've dated women who have stalked me after the break-up, but since I've never dated any women @ work that hasn't been an issue on my job.

This is one of the many reasons I don't date women I work with. If I ever did this and then broke up with her, there is a good chance she will take it badly & end up making my life miserable at work. No thanks!

Old 02-23-2016, 11:54 AM

1,619 posts, read 1,100,500 times
I had a psycho female co-worker who was driving past my house and trying to make my life a living hell at work. Crazy b***h.

Old 02-27-2016, 08:02 PM

60 posts, read 46,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maggie2101 View Post
No, but on my first day of a new job I drove into the parking lot to find police, ambulance, and coroner's vans. The Ex of a woman who worked across the way came there to shoot her and her new boyfriend. He then killed himself. The bodies were still on the ground. I almost left.
We had an emoloyee's ex girlfriend come to our work and she shot him in the face. He lived and they actually made a 'Snapped' episode out of it. Crazy!

Old 02-28-2016, 12:14 PM

924 posts, read 751,259 times
Not a direct stalker, but because there could have been issues with this person....

When I worked at a department store, one of the guys on our "recovery/clean-up" team had a wife who was obsessed with the idea that female staff members were trying to hook up with her husband. The wife would pick him up from work, and as she was waiting for him, would approach female employees and verbally harass them about leaving her husband alone. (I think the wife had some kind of mental or emotional problem)

Anyhow, I didn't work a closing shift too often, so it was rare that I ever encountered this man's wife, and the one time I did see her, she was acting "normal".

Old 12-05-2016, 12:33 PM

3,568 posts, read 1,345,294 times
Kinda/sorta.
Back in the day (as the expression goes) when I was very young (early 20s) I was working at an architectural firm. One of the guys had a friend who worked at a bank across the street; I opened up an account there. My co-worker mentioned his friend wanted to get to know me/take me out.

I had just gone thru a breakup and didn't want to be bothered, but I finally agreed to a double date with the guy and co-worker & his gf. From the get-go the guy was all over me with his hands, moving way too fast, making suggestive remarks. Some people thought he was good looking but I was not into him at all. So he would stop in our office - to see his buddy - and of course talk to me. I was polite, but no more than that. Then the phone calls.....he would call and ask for his buddy, knowing I answered the phone in that dept. As time passed I became less friendly. Then co-worker guy talked to me about how crazy about me his friend was, and he was a nice guy, blah blah blah. Then one day the guy brought a big rose to me at the office and gave it to me in front of others. Ick. Of course he had to call later and ask if I liked the rose, etc. etc.

Then a couple times he would be in his car in front of the office at quitting time asking if I wanted a ride home. I always took the bus and told him "No, thanks". He was really making me uncomfortable, especially after the 'rose' incident. I even changed banks so I didn't have to see his face on payday.

One day one of the partners who I had a good relationship with was teasing me about the guy, and I told him I was tired of the guy bothering me.......that I had no interest in dating him again. Soon after that he backed off.

I was young and had been too afraid to just say "I'm not interested. Leave me alone". But with help he got the message finally.

Old 12-05-2016, 10:07 PM

1,177 posts, read 1,131,259 times
Yes, but it's always been women. I'm a straight woman. One was a lesbian and the other were straight. With the lesbian, part of it was sexual. With her and the others, it was mostly for attention. Which was weird because they wanted my approval when I was not someone high ranking or well listened to. I wasn't even very popular. The one woman latched onto me because I am a good worker, but I think she thought we could take on higher ups or HR. The funny thing is after I got fired, she no longer spoke to me. She would call me allllllllll the time when I worked there. Even at 1am. She returned my call after I was fired and was very cool and talked personal stuff. I thought I could talk to her. I called her a few times after that to be ignored. That really put me off. I don't usually socially outside of work with coworkers because of her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment