Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2016, 12:36 PM

5,896 posts, read 3,897,517 times

Advertisements

Workplace romance is a common headache for HR, especially when it ends badly. However, what about when feelings are unrequited, sometimes with extreme results.

Have you ever had a workplace stalker?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2016, 12:47 PM

13,011 posts, read 13,042,698 times
Yes. Many years ago when I was quite young. I had a woman stalk me in and around my workplace. It was quite unpleasant.

Old 02-19-2016, 12:52 PM

6,457 posts, read 7,792,540 times
I was one...but I blame her. I mean if she’d just have given in to me, the unwanted attention would have stopped.

Old 02-19-2016, 04:25 PM

8,340 posts, read 6,783,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
Workplace romance is a common headache for HR, especially when it ends badly. However, what about when feelings are unrequited, sometimes with extreme results.

Have you ever had a workplace stalker?
Well...Not exactly...I admit, I am shallow and if approached by a woman weighing 200+ then I do get turned off. I came into the company and her eyes lit up right off the bat, yep was over weight myself. After 6 months she started to get mad at co-workers, started arguing and fighting with them and shift lead and was terminated.

Continued to leave me notes stuck in the front door and other doors (I never gave her my address, she followed me one day I guess). The one that snapped was the one where she said "It would be a terrible thing if the boys (My dogs) came up missing" I gladly left the area, never to return....

Old 02-19-2016, 04:32 PM

6,489 posts, read 8,811,321 times
No, but on my first day of a new job I drove into the parking lot to find police, ambulance, and coroner's vans. The Ex of a woman who worked across the way came there to shoot her and her new boyfriend. He then killed himself. The bodies were still on the ground. I almost left.

Old 02-19-2016, 04:50 PM

5,896 posts, read 3,897,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maggie2101 View Post
No, but on my first day of a new job I drove into the parking lot to find police, ambulance, and coroner's vans. The Ex of a woman who worked across the way came there to shoot her and her new boyfriend. He then killed himself. The bodies were still on the ground. I almost left.
Wow...

Old 02-19-2016, 04:57 PM

5,847 posts, read 6,182,654 times
I had a co-worker once at my first job after grad school who was interested in me, but I did not feel the same. I made it explicitly clear that I thought of him only as a friend, but he did not take the hint. One day, he gave me a pair of earrings from Tiffany's. I gave them back. Next day, he gave them to me again, and said he would throw them away if I returned them. So, I kept them. Still have them, in fact. Finally, he got the message. I had told him I would not date people from work, then a few months later started dating the guy that I would marry. He always disliked my (now) husband.

Old 02-19-2016, 06:28 PM

3,222 posts, read 4,568,857 times
Many years ago I had an ''ex'' stalk me at my workplace. She'd call my manager and tell her I said this or that about the manager, company, and clients. She also found my old address book and called many people in there saying hateful things about me and trying to smear me with friends. She also slashed my tires and kicked in my car door. I eventually ''disappeared'' in the same town and creepily ran into her at an educational seminar many years later. When I saw her in the hotel lobby I did a one eighty and headed straight for my car and left the building. She was a certified ''nut''.

Old 02-19-2016, 07:53 PM

6,449 posts, read 9,809,163 times
I had not been out of the navy very long when I was working at a business taking care of their phone system. One of the managers was not my type at all but she felt that I was hers!

I would send an email to all managers and she would reply only to me with things like when am I taking her to dinner. She is hungry for me. One or 2 were very graphic and not appropriate for work at all. I honestly didn't know what to do. I didn't want her to get in trouble and I didn't want to get myself in trouble. I printed the emails and approached another manager that I trusted. She was shocked when she read the emails. She suggested I tell her I wasn't allowed to date anyone from work. So that's what I told the stalker manager. She quit the next week!

She emailed me a few times with her number from her new job. I never called and I don't know if her quitting was a coincidence or not but it freaked me and the cool manager out for a while when it all happened !

Old 02-20-2016, 05:00 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,129,512 times
Not me but my assistant manager from when I was in retail had a creeper. He would come by and talk to her while eyeing her like a dog to a pork chop. We would get silent phone calls also. The guy worked in the same complex so he was close by. Told him to stop hanging around but would see him watching from afar. She was creeped out by him but left the job about a year later and that was that. Interesting twist; I moved 2 years ago and saw him a few times in my new neighborhood mumbling to himself. He didn't notice me though.

Creepy, weird guy he is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment