Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2016, 10:03 PM

1,500 posts, read 2,902,026 times

Advertisements

A 2.7 GPA in your science classes? Wow. Are you passionate about this field or the [misguided] promise of money?

Would YOU want a healthcare professional treating you who only had a 2.7 GPA in the sciences?

I'd suggest you figure out your true passion and interest first. From your post, it doesn't sound like healthcare is a spark for you.

Figure out the color of your parachute, man, but I'd wager healthcare isn't it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2016, 02:50 PM

250 posts, read 383,545 times
I would NOT base my career choice on feedback from the internet for many reasons, one of them being many times no matter what profession, they come on there to vent about the day they HAD.. KEYWORD being HAD in any profession you will good days and bad. People mostly post about the bad day's they had work rarely will you hear "I had a great day" here's what happened. Do what's best for you and not someone on the internet who claims to do the job and tells you it wont be right for you.

Old 02-25-2016, 02:57 PM

1,450 posts, read 1,209,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goingbald42 View Post
I graduated with a biology degree 2 or 3 years ago, thinking about applying to some health careers. My stats aren't the best, around 3.08 cumulative gpa and a 2.7 science gpa. Alot of the main common advice I get for whatever program I want to go in says I need to do a masters program, I need to go through more schooling, my stats aren't good enough etc... What program can I realistically get into and make a decent living?
It would be hard tome getting into medical school with a C average in science. Maybe you could improve on that in a science master's program. If you cannot commit to 10 hour workdays, six days a week, then you end up one of them who thinks wealthy persons do not pay their share. You forget they worked hard for having a better life.

Old 02-26-2016, 12:14 AM

3,222 posts, read 4,570,318 times
Join the Air Force or Navy and become a medical corpsman. They will train you, give you a life, and expose you to the medical field to see if it's right for you. Meanwhile travel the world and grow as a person into what you want to do next.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment