Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2016, 02:30 PM

Location: In a city within a state where politicians come to get their PHDs in Corruption
2,907 posts, read 2,068,788 times

Advertisements

OP,

If I may, I've read some of your threads on here the past few months, and I've come to realization that you have trouble putting things into context. The problems that you're worried about are no better or worse than what the majority of employees deal with every single day. That is, if properly put into context, these issues are fairly simple to solve and handle.

Employers, like myself, find nothing more off-putting than having drama queens (kings) constantly creating unnecessary anxiety, and having employees that project their own problems onto everything they do. You seem to be early in your career, and if you continue to do this to yourself and every employer you come across, you'll have difficult time moving up.

Take a deep breath, and relax.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2016, 02:57 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tolovefromANFIELD View Post
OP,

If I may, I've read some of your threads on here the past few months, and I've come to realization that you have trouble putting things into context. The problems that you're worried about are no better or worse than what the majority of employees deal with every single day. That is, if properly put into context, these issues are fairly simple to solve and handle.

Employers, like myself, find nothing more off-putting than having drama queens (kings) constantly creating unnecessary anxiety, and having employees that project their own problems onto everything they do. You seem to be early in your career, and if you continue to do this to yourself and every employer you come across, you'll have difficult time moving up.

Take a deep breath, and relax.
I agree.

OP, the common denominator in all these situations:

Am I not qualified at my job? Should I quit and give up?

Easy to get fired from call center?

Should I tell my big boss about a mistake I've made?

Why am I the scapegoat at work?

How long did it take for you to feel confident and independent at yor new job?

... is YOU.

Old 04-01-2016, 03:06 PM

35,066 posts, read 31,293,790 times
I have no clue about whether or not the OP has a problem, but call centers are notorious for turnover.

Old 04-01-2016, 03:15 PM

5,900 posts, read 3,899,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
I have no clue about whether or not the OP has a problem, but call centers are notorious for turnover.
True. Constant micromanagement can do that.

Old 04-01-2016, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
True. Constant micromanagement can do that.
She is no longer at the call center. That was 3 years ago.

What she appears to bring with her to every job, however, is insecurity, avoidance and anxiety.

Old 04-01-2016, 04:41 PM

341 posts, read 1,232,353 times
Default Ha

Except my last job. My last job was ok.

My first job was horrible to the point I was being bullied.

Anyway, I talked to my trainer and she said that what happened wasn't a big deal. Of course we don't want it o happen but he cc'd the big bosses when it wasn't necessary. Most just would say they missed it and just cut a check.

Old 04-01-2016, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle21689 View Post
Except my last job. My last job was ok.

My first job was horrible to the point I was being bullied.

Anyway, I talked to my trainer and she said that what happened wasn't a big deal. Of course we don't want it o happen but he cc'd the big bosses when it wasn't necessary. Most just would say they missed it and just cut a check.
Did you never work in your parents' store? Did you spend time there while growing up?

I'm just surprised that, as a person raised by people who owned a grocery store for 34 years, you engage in SO MUCH blaming of other people, insulting supervisors and blowing off VPs by claiming they're on power trips, and are SO quick to shrug off your OWN role in these situations.

I mean, you don't own a successful business for almost 40 years by doing that. You understand that it all comes down to YOU. And if you have a degree and have worked in as many businesses as you have, at some point you understand that spreadsheets have multiple tabs.

Old 04-01-2016, 08:38 PM

9,891 posts, read 11,764,474 times
If you are not stressed at first in an office environment, you are not doing any serious work. It is natural, and everyone is stressed when they start. It will work out fine, in the long run. Realize you are not the first one going through the stress of a new job, nor will you be the last.

Old 04-01-2016, 08:59 PM

7,977 posts, read 4,986,308 times
Corporate America is filled with managers trying to find Scapegoats for their own FAILURES

Old 04-02-2016, 04:11 AM

1,216 posts, read 1,463,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle21689 View Post
I just want to fast forward to when I can do this job without thinking too much...

This is the problem.

Its called work because it is supposed to be hard and taxing. If it was easy and enjoyable it'd be called fun and we wouldn't require the reinforcement of a paycheck to go in every day.

We all have days we need a mental break and just go through the motions. But those days aren't the majority of our job. I can't think of many jobs that you can do "without thinking too much".

Here are some things I tell my 12 year old that you need to learn:
1. Emotions don't justify actions. You need to learn to feel an emotion and still act in a rational manner.
2. You need to accept responsibility, apologize if needed, and ask how you can do better in the future.
3. Work starts when a task stops being fun. When you want to quit and go do something else, anything else-then you're really working. Being a hard worker means you're able to skip out on the gossiping with the girls to study for the upcoming test even though everyone else is having fun.

She's in middle school and she's by nature flighty and hyper and off the charts for disorganization. But she is learning to buckle down and do these things very well. She wants to go to Harvard some day and she knows what she needs to change about herself to achieve this goal. This year she did not get nominated for a special camp she'd been hoping for all year. She did not cry or have a fit. Instead she went to a teacher on the nominating committee and asked her where she needed to improve to increase her chances of being nominated next year. I was very proud of her adult response and that she thought of that without any guidance or input from us.

You did make a mistake. Own it. Find a way to improve.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment