Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2016, 09:06 PM

2,982 posts, read 4,100,528 times

Advertisements

Unless this girl is trying to pull off a Sue Ellen Mischke, just mind your own business!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2016, 09:41 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,454,906 times
Maybe you could send her one of these anonymously :

Old 04-05-2016, 09:45 PM

11,159 posts, read 7,961,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
Don't even think about talking to her about this. You are in a "do nothing" situation. If you even approach this topic you could be in trouble with sexual harassment.

Stop looking and just do your job. And, believe me, she knows her bra is showing.

Most women would wear a nice camisole under a see through blouse in a professional position.

She has a different agenda.

Oh please! An agenda? What... She wants to advertise that she wears a bra? Trying to " turn on" her fellow employees?. Give me a break!

Old 04-05-2016, 10:07 PM

509 posts, read 554,661 times
Send her a copy of the company's dress code. Highlight the part that says you can't wear a bra.

Old 04-06-2016, 07:51 AM

95 posts, read 140,103 times
Same here. None of your business. I have noticed that most women are oblivious and will see they make no attempt to hide their bra strap in public under a tanktop , etc. If they want to look like a slob its their own business.

Old 04-06-2016, 08:03 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,312,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KattyInvest View Post
I know there is much discussion on this already on the internet but I wanted to hear some opinions for my specific scenario. So, I have a female coworker (I am male) who I see pretty much everyday and I have noticed (for the second time now) that her bra outline is visible through her shirt. I work at a financial institution where the dress code is pretty slack (mostly business casual) but I highly doubt her outfit is appropriate. We are pretty good work friends as well so I do not want to see her get in trouble or embarrass herself. At the same time, we aren't close enough to where I can just say anything to her.

I suppose my questions are 1) is this a big deal in the first place? And 2) what would you do in my situation?

Seriously "her bra outline"? I'm going to assume you are either from some weird religious group or you are just playing with us. I saw the headline to this post and assumed the woman in question was wearing low cut blouses or wearing a black bra under a white shirt. Seems YOU are the one with the problem, you may want to see someone about it.

And yes, talk to the woman if you feel compelled to do so. Hope you have enough in savings to cover your expenses while you look for a new job after you are fired.

Old 04-06-2016, 08:19 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,109,569 times
Doesn't sound like a big deal at all. Saying anything to her means possibly risking whatever friendship you have with her. Not worth it.

Old 04-06-2016, 09:20 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,825,823 times
*Sigh*

The world would be a better place if people minded their own damn business.

Old 04-06-2016, 09:25 AM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,560,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KattyInvest View Post
I know there is much discussion on this already on the internet but I wanted to hear some opinions for my specific scenario. So, I have a female coworker (I am male) who I see pretty much everyday and I have noticed (for the second time now) that her bra outline is visible through her shirt. I work at a financial institution where the dress code is pretty slack (mostly business casual) but I highly doubt her outfit is appropriate. We are pretty good work friends as well so I do not want to see her get in trouble or embarrass herself. At the same time, we aren't close enough to where I can just say anything to her.

I suppose my questions are 1) is this a big deal in the first place? And 2) what would you do in my situation?
I'd join the local fascist party to help further my ideological beliefs.

Old 04-06-2016, 09:27 AM

29,514 posts, read 22,647,873 times
Hope the OP isn't eyeing this coworker in non professional ways, if y'all know what I mean.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment