Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2016, 08:24 AM

404 posts, read 366,786 times

Advertisements

Ford= Found On the Road Dead
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2016, 09:59 AM

45,390 posts, read 60,575,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Haha, pretty soon MEXICO will be building Trumps wall to keep us AMERICANS from sneaking over there for jobs !!!!

This move by Ford is nothing new. In 1986 I bought a new Mercury Cougar and it had the Mexican engine and the Canadian body. I just bought a new GM crate engine and it was made in Mexico too.

Don

I had a 1984 Cavalier with an engine from Brazil.

Old 04-08-2016, 10:00 AM

3,782 posts, read 4,249,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Down in a Hole View Post
And once again, Americans screw over Americans but Mexicans will somehow get blamed for it or be told that they are "stealing jobs" You can't steal something that is given away! Lol
Only time I have heard of Mexicans (or other hispanics here illegally) stealing jobs it was always in context to jobs in the USA. And yes, they do.....

Old 04-08-2016, 11:54 AM

853 posts, read 648,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zie92mg9z View Post
What are Americans supposed to do for jobs? Deliver pizzas? Push mops around? Might as well stop having kids now. They have no future here.
I´m sorry to hear that but there are other countries that have been suffering in the same way since 2008. My country, Spain, where defuncts surpass births. As a result, spanish population is decreasing each year but moderately because of the immigration, we export spaniards and we receive low skilled latinos, moors and others. We follow this rule: no money, no kids, that´s all.

I´m living in Mexico and I´m a good example, 30 year old guy that refuses to have any kid, the world is overpopulated, I can´t keep myself, imagine a kid. I can´t understand people here, in Mexico, poor families with 5 kids!. Everytime I go out I get shocked because it´s been a long time I haven´t seen even a family with 3 kids. Everytime I go out to have breakfast, narrow minded mexican people look at me because I am only with my wife. Yes I am 30 and I do not want to have kids, no money, no kids!

Old 04-08-2016, 01:06 PM

6,301 posts, read 9,644,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Down in a Hole View Post
And once again, Americans screw over Americans but Mexicans will somehow get blamed for it or be told that they are "stealing jobs" You can't steal something that is given away! Lol
Bing, bing, bing, finally someone who gets it.

Old 04-08-2016, 02:23 PM

5,462 posts, read 3,036,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post
It's called the Degrowthing of America by the globalists who want to "spread our wealth around".

Welcome to the slow growing decades old plan.

This goes hand in hand with the massive immigration scheme since the 1960s to flood the country with a replacement electorate, unskilled, uneducated and illiterate who become the new government dependent underclass.
2800 jobs for Mexico is nothing compared to the resources they are going to spend in terms of water, waste and electricity...

Many billion dollar a year returns with an investment of 1.6 billion is what they look at and not sharing the wealth.

You will know when water becomes the new Oil.

And hope they dont smuggle drugs in the new car tires ( Narcos effect )

Old 04-08-2016, 02:33 PM

8,238 posts, read 10,726,695 times
It always amazes me when people complain about production moving to other countries and at the same time complain that prices are too high and employees need to be paid more.

Seems like simple math to me. Want higher wages? Prices go up. Want a cheaper product? It has to be built somewhere where labor is cheaper. Seldom does the math equate to higher wages and a cheaper product

Old 04-08-2016, 03:19 PM

6,230 posts, read 3,609,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamweasel View Post
Service industries. That is where the future is going to be. Doctors, dentists, lawyers, salespeople, customer service reps, retail store jobs, etc.

Free trade is good for the world economy but not good if you are one of the richest/high wage countries going into that. Free trade will level the playing field and unskilled labor jobs will continue to be moved to lower cost countries.

The auto industry is just one example. It has already happened to clothing/textiles, furniture, etc.
Medicine, dentistry, and law are not service industry jobs.

Old 04-08-2016, 03:42 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,908,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanInSA View Post
It always amazes me when people complain about production moving to other countries and at the same time complain that prices are too high and employees need to be paid more.

Seems like simple math to me. Want higher wages? Prices go up. Want a cheaper product? It has to be built somewhere where labor is cheaper. Seldom does the math equate to higher wages and a cheaper product
Higher wages attract more intelligent people who can better determine the most efficient way to get the job done. If you can't turn this into a profit, than you have no business running a business of any kind.

The US is running out of intelligence, and so higher wages will not help. The school system is churning out dummies that can barely count with their fingers. Those higher wages are about 20-30 years too late. Most intelligent Americans are spending their time doing far easier, far better paying jobs.

Old 04-08-2016, 03:43 PM

777 posts, read 881,656 times
I hear people speak of World War 3.

How can the U.S. win a world war when almost
everything is imported?

All the enemy has to do is cut off the supply line.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment