Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2016, 01:35 PM

8,340 posts, read 6,724,305 times

Advertisements

I like mine very much, only job I'd ever love HAS to include dogs and cats....That way, I get paid way more than some numbers on a piece of paper.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2016, 04:11 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,515,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-fused View Post
No you wouldn't.
I would keep my job if I won the lottery. I own my own business. I don't earn squat for a paycheck. I do it because I love it. If I won the lottery, all of my bills would be 100% paid. Not much else in life would change. Why would it? Money runs out. Money doesn't buy happiness.

Old 04-26-2016, 04:14 PM

3,393 posts, read 3,996,170 times
I tell people I love my job. I guess that is in comparison to other jobs I have had.

It's the only job I can remember where I didn't dread Monday mornings.

Old 04-26-2016, 05:40 PM

15,199 posts, read 10,176,724 times
To me loving your job means you look forward to going there every day, and like was said by the previous poster, you don't dread Monday mornings.

I've had jobs I liked a lot but I've never had one that I loved for more than a short while.

Old 04-26-2016, 05:49 PM

417 posts, read 729,678 times
For me, it means a job that doesn't spill crazy over into your "time with your family." Sure, weekend meetings once in a while, some night work, some weekend work, but not a ton of it.

A great paycheck that lets me do things with my family, buy a house in a nice town, save for my kid's college, save for retirement, etc. Relatively low stress. Enough flexibility to take care of my kids when they are sick or have something I'd really like to be at. And something where I am not thinking "I am dying to leave."

That is a job I love. I don't care about having this crazy passion about the subject matter that people describe. I care about being great at it, people loving what i do and most importantly what my job allows me to do in return. That is a job I love!

Old 04-26-2016, 05:51 PM

8,584 posts, read 9,060,078 times
What does loving your job really mean?

It means you own it.

Old 04-26-2016, 07:16 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,201,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davenj08 View Post
If you don't love your job, find a way to love it or change it.
That's good!

I love my job. I'm good at it. I get praise for my work. I have customers who are very happy with me and thank me regularly. I make decent money. I know I'll get raises periodically, though they may be small. AND retirement is right around the corner if I want it!

Old 04-26-2016, 08:06 PM

3,670 posts, read 7,137,291 times
-not being depressed when I wake up in the morning
-being able to afford my lifestyle

Old 04-26-2016, 08:22 PM

1,096 posts, read 1,039,217 times
Think of the "starving artist"-stereotype. The artist doesn't get paid much for what s/he does, but s/he is doing it more for his/her passion of the job rather than a monetary return.

Old 04-26-2016, 10:26 PM

1,278 posts, read 1,239,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman07 View Post
I like my job but not sure if I "love" it. What are signs someone loves their job?

Like for me, I took today off and I enjoyed it, but didn't really miss my job. I did feel like I was missing out on what was going on and still accepted calls and replied to some emails. When I'm there I'm usually not watching the clock or wanting to leave. I do enjoy what I do, but love is a strong word. If I won the lottery I would keep doing it, but I wouldn't work for free like some people say they would. So what does loving your job really mean?
loving your job means providing for yourself and family yet not feeling like a subhuman at work because of how people treat you there but enjoy going to work and caring for the company and others who work there. this is different than having a passion for your work. love can be as simple as i'll do better for others at work. passion is like, i'll do whatever it takes cos i wanna do the best i can.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment