Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2016, 06:11 PM

3,461 posts, read 4,699,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitsguy2001 View Post
I find it interesting that the people on this forum act as if I am rich. But the people on the Long Island forum think that I am so poor I won't be able to remain on Long Island once I have kids.
No one once in this thread ever said a word about whether they thought you were rich or not. However, it has been mentioned how self-centered you are which is entirely true. And what you need to understand is the world doesn't solely evolve around you.

What you are failing to realize here is that we don't make the laws so why are you here complaining to people about a law that you can not benefit from and that we have no control over? Take it to your congressmen and senators and push them to eliminate salaried exempt positions altogether because you are wasting your valuable energy here for naught. Or, work on getting yourself more pay or a better job. YOU are the one that has chosen to live on Long Island and YOU are the one that has chosen the job that you have. No one else did that for you! You are a lot better off than many, MANY people out there so have your pity-party somewhere else.

In the meantime, millions upon millions will be benefiting from 'this' law and I personally feel this is ground-breaking even though it does not even affect me. See how that works?

You remind me of a typical kid having a temper tantrum and melt-down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2016, 06:18 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,202,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitsguy2001 View Post
Why are you defending a law that doesn't take into account the cost of living?
Because it's better than the previous standard.

Why are you calling a rule "useless" when it helps millions of people? Maybe not you. Maybe not in your area. But millions.

I don't think anyone has said that it helped everyone or that a better rule could have been implemented but a threshold of $47K is better than $23K.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment