Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2016, 11:48 AM

1,616 posts, read 1,808,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavannahLife View Post
right?

**** Walmart. Glad you are happy there OP (or plant) but I still hate Walmart. Costco all the way. I wish there were more Costcos.
I rather be at Kmart tbh

you couldn’t pay me to stand at the front door and say “welcome to walmart get your **** and get out!!”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2016, 12:31 PM

780 posts, read 678,715 times
I love working retail!

I don't know about working at Wal-Mart though, I wouldn't be able to handle that. Glad it's working out for you!

I had a co-worker when I was a Linens 'N Things. She said the reason she chose to work there was because she wanted to get the discounts. She actually would go shopping there during her days off. I guess she just can't get enough of Linens 'N Things.

Old 06-15-2016, 12:33 PM

4,709 posts, read 12,675,888 times
I think it's possible to love working at WalMart, or anywhere else for that matter. (especially if one doesn't need the money)

I'm a retired electrical engineer that got bored shortly after retirement. I had multiple job offers in my field after I retired, but heck, if I wanted to keep working in my field, I wouldn't have retired in the first place!

Anyway, to the amusement of my former colleagues, I wound up driving a school bus...and I absolutely love it! I would literally do it for free (though I'm up to $28 per hour). Plus, it keeps me young and more health conscious (gotta pass that dang physical every year!). Our rear-engine, air conditioned buses are a dream to drive...nothing like the buses they had when I was a kid. Taking a busload of cheerleaders to the football game on Friday nights such fun that I would almost pay them to do it...almost, LOL.

Granted, I drive in a very affluent suburb where behavior problems are almost non-existent....I wouldn't do it in rough areas.

Old 06-15-2016, 12:37 PM

35 posts, read 64,821 times
Which Walton are you, OP?

Old 06-15-2016, 12:37 PM

1,488 posts, read 1,967,061 times
I honestly think people who enjoy what they do for a living are some of the luckiest people in the world. This is regardless of the profession or pay. The peace of mind someone has when going to work happy is priceless! So good for you OP!! Enjoy your job and keep on living!

Old 06-15-2016, 03:40 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,922,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeBlindNotBrave View Post
Which Walton are you, OP?
Why the skepticism and snark? Granted, Walmart would not be my choice, but good grief, why bash the person who actually finds it works for them?

This ugliness in society is not necessary.

Old 06-15-2016, 05:02 PM

3,022 posts, read 2,274,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1alker View Post
Just don't let the miserable co workers (who try to make a low wage retail job their main job) get to you.
There is nothing wrong with making Walmart your main job nowhere does it says it has to be a part time job.

Old 06-15-2016, 07:40 PM

427 posts, read 500,175 times
I went to a local Staples today and went to use the restroom before going to the Office Supplies section to buy some notebooks and pens. I really needed to go and blurted out to the gentleman near by "can I use the bathroom!!!," as the door was locked. He demanded that I say "please" and I just said "whatever" and walked off. I heard him saying "people these days" as I walked away.

The problem with these kinds of jobs -- in my experience -- is often the low quality people. You really have to be able to work with extremely difficult personalities if you want to a last in a retail job, especially at a budget store like Walmart.

Last edited by Cryinbaby; 06-15-2016 at 08:00 PM..

Old 06-15-2016, 09:22 PM

679 posts, read 812,320 times
Congratulations, finding something you enjoy is important. Don't listen too much to the naysayers unless it strengthens your resolve.

Old 06-15-2016, 09:26 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,419,732 times
My favorite job was working the makeup counters at higher end department stores. So much fun!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment