Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2016, 06:16 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,609,532 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane de Poitiers View Post
Job Title: Library Shelving Clerk

Least Favourite Task: Having to clean up after customers, particularly the parents who let their kids tear up the shelves or scatter blocks/magnets in the children's room.
I was a library shelver in college and I loved it! It was my absolute favorite job! I worked in a college library though, so there weren't any kids around.

With my current job, I hate all of the meetings. Too much discussion about really uninteresting things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2016, 06:22 PM

1,768 posts, read 1,638,001 times
Job Title: Data Scientist

Least Favorite Task: Explaining complex algorithms and advanced statistics to business people. They really don't care and are just going to misuse the analysis, so it's just frustrating dealing with people who are intellectually dishonest.

Old 06-23-2016, 08:00 PM

209 posts, read 292,476 times
Job Title: Computer Programmer
Least Favorite Task: Manual testing

Old 06-24-2016, 06:48 PM

35,066 posts, read 31,293,790 times
Application administrator - supposedly as a software admin.

I hate doing desktop support stuff of using my hands. I'm awful with my hands. IT is also responsible for office moves - I probably spend a quarter of my time doing desktop support and moving equipment. Not what I thought the role would be at all.

Old 06-26-2016, 05:57 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,370,872 times
Registered nurse- fetching coffee for patients within a reasonable amount of time in their minds. I can't tell them that I was late because I was too busy doing COR on someone else.

Old 07-08-2016, 04:34 PM

269 posts, read 134,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SQL View Post
I thought this would be an interesting topic to discuss. Despite how prominent our job title might be, I feel like most people have one or two menial tasks that they absolutely hate doing in their role. So I'll start.

Job Title: Healthcare Analyst

The task I hate: Quality assurance evaluations for member service calls. Each week, I have to listen in on ~15 calls from our Member Services call center and evaluate the team members performance with handling the customer service call. It is by far, the most tedious, mind-numbing task I have. However, some of the calls are pretty interesting, because we have a very diverse client-base.
Console supervisor is the formal title, but around the workplace it's called board operator.

Doing the scheduling for outside operators.

Since we switched to a 12hr shift, we rewrote a lot of the rules for awarding and forcing for overtime. Mostly the rule changes are related to fatigue standards.

Outside operators are hyper invested in the scheduling so there is a consistent amount of complaining amongst themselves and with board operators about how the overtime was rewarded and forces that were handed out, there are frequent changes to the schedule a lot of different interpretations of the rules and therefore a lot of disagreements over the schedule. It's just a pain to deal with.

Old 07-08-2016, 04:58 PM

10,326 posts, read 17,427,673 times
Sr. Analytical Chemist

Some of the more menial analyses like getting bulk density by shoveling powder into a 100ml graduated cylinder.

Old 07-08-2016, 07:05 PM

449 posts, read 495,280 times
I'm a UI/UX Designer, one menial task I have is managing my digital design files and layers while designing. Maybe it's not really menial but it just a side task that needs to be done. Takes seconds to minutes depending on scope.

Old 07-10-2016, 11:04 AM

850 posts, read 902,240 times
Analytical Chemist

The menial task I hate the most is cleaning the sticky adhesive off aluminum plates by dipping them in ethyl acetate and scraping the adhesive substance off that are used to perform drug release on the transdermal patch projects we are working on.

Typically any kind of cleaning of glassware and loading the dishwasher with volumetric flasks and beakers.

Old 07-10-2016, 05:40 PM

7,452 posts, read 4,684,019 times
Title : Gigolo
Task Disliked : Nothing, it's all about pleasure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment