Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2016, 10:21 AM

857 posts, read 843,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002 Subaru View Post
I don't know ... Along with the military, law enforcement and fire fighting, construction jobs seem to draw more than it's fair share of d-bags.

Would love to hear you expand on that, especially the military part. A very general and not accurate statement for that matter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2016, 11:55 AM

847 posts, read 1,457,172 times
It may be easier said than done, but you may just need to develop a thick skin. You also don't need to take the perceived insults personally. In the examples that you posted, it actually looked like the people were making bad attempts at humor rather than trying to humiliate you. The best response is to either laugh along, ignore it (if you feel that it is insulting), or come up with some quick-witted, snappy comebacks.

Example: "Are those flowers for me?" Response: "No, I don't swing that way!"

Example: "Hey Pizza Man!" Response: (old school) "That's my name, don't wear it out!"

Old 07-06-2016, 12:53 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,132,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upstate67 View Post
Nope. Not when its so much fun to ridicule you.
Real easy to kick someone while they're down eh?

OP, don't worry about assclowns like this. The last thing they deserve is free real estate on your mind.

Old 07-06-2016, 12:56 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryinbaby View Post
I've been a delivery boy of various sorts since getting out of college two years ago. I hate the job for many reasons, but the worst is how often I am mocked on the job. When I was delivering roses, for example, I remember a grotesque construction worker asking "Are the ROsEs FoR Me?!" and trying to humiliate me in front of his cronies.

Tonight I delivered some food to a pro athlete in an upscale apartment complex in Beverly Hills, and some members of his entourage were laughing in my face, yelling "PIZzZa MAan," like I am some clown or leper deserving to be mocked. My life is in the absolute gutter right now, and it's a shame that people not in my shoes feel like they can treat me like this.
Dood.

None of that was about YOU.

That was about a bunch of monkey dudes trying to get a laugh and thinking they are hilarious and god's gift.

We women have to deal with that nonsense all the time.

Old 07-06-2016, 01:38 PM

32,919 posts, read 36,316,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryinbaby View Post
I've been a delivery boy of various sorts since getting out of college two years ago. I hate the job for many reasons, but the worst is how often I am mocked on the job. When I was delivering roses, for example, I remember a grotesque construction worker asking "Are the ROsEs FoR Me?!" and trying to humiliate me in front of his cronies.

Tonight I delivered some food to a pro athlete in an upscale apartment complex in Beverly Hills, and some members of his entourage were laughing in my face, yelling "PIZzZa MAan," like I am some clown or leper deserving to be mocked. My life is in the absolute gutter right now, and it's a shame that people not in my shoes feel like they can treat me like this.
Did they tip?

Old 07-06-2016, 02:02 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,132,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Dood.

None of that was about YOU.

That was about a bunch of monkey dudes trying to get a laugh and thinking they are hilarious and god's gift.

We women have to deal with that nonsense all the time.
Yep.

Lol, I won't even eat bananas in public and I always squat rather than bend down to pick something up because of various occasions of guys who seized the opportunity to make inappropriate remarks.

Old 07-06-2016, 02:44 PM

1,295 posts, read 1,036,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Real easy to kick someone while they're down eh?

OP, don't worry about assclowns like this. The last thing they deserve is free real estate on your mind.
Read his other "woe is me" thread that I linked to. This isn't the first time OP has poured his heart out because its a big mean world that treats him bad.

Old 07-06-2016, 04:25 PM

490 posts, read 583,463 times
I don't recommend you get a job driving a honey wagon/truck. Delivering Don's Johns, draining septic tanks- port-a -pottyys would likely send you into a frenzied suicidal state within 3 hrs.

Old 07-06-2016, 04:51 PM

491 posts, read 375,392 times
Let's make America great again.

Old 07-06-2016, 05:51 PM

1,616 posts, read 1,805,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryinbaby View Post
would you like to help me bro?
try ups
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment