Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2016, 02:06 PM

29,795 posts, read 24,876,501 times

Advertisements

Never. If they try to overfill my plate, I simply go elsewhere.

Life is more sane this way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2016, 02:39 PM

472 posts, read 437,493 times
All the time at my current job because coworker doesn't pull their weight, leaving me with more work. Will probably end up quitting for this reason as I can't imagine feeling stressed out all the time for the rest of my working life would be healthy.

Old 07-26-2016, 07:03 PM

10,832 posts, read 14,926,797 times
Happens to me all the time.

I take the good with that bad.

There are days when I can come in between 8:00 and 10:00, take a two hour lunch and sometimes I might go back to work and sometimes I just goof off the rest of the day.

Then projects come in waves. I remember being awarded three hotels and a small hospital addition over a four day period. Went from nothing to do to being overloaded but that's life.

In to work at 6:30, home at 6:00 taking the work with me so I could work between 8:00 and midnight while my wife watched television. Worked all day Saturday for about 10 hours and another four to six hours on Sunday.

I got all the jobs done over a five week period putting in at least 70 hours a week but that is how it goes.

I can work from the house as easily as the office so sometimes, when I am really crushed, I stay home and work where nobody can bother me. If you call me on my cell phone you better have a damn good reason.

Right now it is really slow and has been from about the four weeks now during which time I took a week vacation to see the grand kids. I am all caught up and have very, very little to do.

But over the past month I bid a number of projects, I've heard I have at least three of them so watch em all come in at one time and I am buried again. I enjoy the slow time while it lasts.

Old 07-26-2016, 08:36 PM

461 posts, read 508,597 times
I am a social worker so this is my daily life. I don't mind it too much though. I am a multi tasker and usually get it all done somehow or another. Sometimes I feel the quality of my reports suffer a little from the workload, but then I don't think anyone really reads the reports anyways. They are just a requirement but the other social workers are too busy with their own high caseloads to read them.

Old 07-27-2016, 05:20 AM

5,907 posts, read 4,426,909 times
On days that end in Y.

I've never heard of another CPA not overloaded with work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment