Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2016, 02:30 PM

9,512 posts, read 6,059,204 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by colcat View Post
I see your point, however, a CNA has not gone through extensive schooling on how to assess for side effects of said meds, sterile procedure of wound care, etc. I don't see that happening here. It is way to risky to entrust someone who attended a six week course on bathing a patient, especially with our sue happy society. The difference is that a nurse has acquired critical thinking skills that a CNA does not have.With this logic, a nurse can possibly be trained to do surgery, then we can eliminate surgeons...Not gonna happen. Plus, they certainly don't pay CNAs enough to put up with the responsibilities a nurse has.
Exactly.

A CNA that passes meds would be doing so under MY license??

Nope not happening! They can fire me & hire some new grad with a shiny new license that doesn't know any better than to do that (and I'm betting this is already happening).

Everybody alive better hope that they have a loved one, close friend, etc that will have eyes open in case you are in a position to not be able to monitor your own healthcare!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2016, 05:28 PM

7,654 posts, read 5,091,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Altitude View Post
Truck driving does not pay well for the most part and there isn't a shortage. There is only a shortage of NEW drivers that get paid slave wages. Truck driving is a churn and burn system where they promise you the world, get you driving for cheap, then they throw you out and find the next sucker. This is how the carriers keep their costs low.

There are good paying jobs in trucking, but they are few and far between and every trucker wants them.

I suggest to anyone interested in trucking to visit the various trucker forums and really learn about the industry.

If you still want to get into the industry, there are some things you can do to better your experience and try to increase your chances to work the better jobs, but it is not common, people in those better positions are the exception.
And make sure you find a wife willing to travel with you because the truck stop meth hookers don't look too good. I don't know why guys do these remote work jobs for weeks or months on end or these long haul routes with no one in tow.

it must be a mental disorder or do all the eunichs gravitate towards long haul trucking?

Why does no one seem to address or bring up these issues when discussion these sorts of working arrangements.

Old 08-04-2016, 12:35 AM

23,143 posts, read 28,910,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Altitude View Post
There is going to be an absolute glut of nurses.

I think 7 out of 10 high school females that are graduating that I have met in the last two years all say they are going into nursing. Every high school function I have been to in the last two years has been like this. It is absolutely crazy.

All these parents are pushing their kids into nursing thinking they will have a secure job.

There is going to be a ton of unemployed nurses in about 3-5 years.
I couldn't agree more! At the LTC/Rehab facility I work at, there's LPN's going to school to get their RN degrees, CNA's going to school to become RN's, and I asked one LPN how many were in her class: 30. And there's a number of schools right here in Las Vegas offering RN programs, and this particular RN chose to go to school as it was closest to her house.

With the cutbacks in Medicaid, (more to come?), a number of these LTC care facilities, in order to survive,
must go through the expense of modifying their facilities to incorporate Rehab, Vent-Trac units, and whatever, to gain more money from Medicare, which pays more. And it doesn't take a rocket scientist to guess when the Medicare cutbacks will appear, and then what?

During the "go-go" days at my facility, been there 14 years, there were 7 nurses, 7 aides on the nightshift, and with cutbacks, we're now down to 4 nurses, and, until they opened up a Vent-trac unit, only 4 aides. Now, with that additional unit, they have 2 aides on that hall.

But a facility just can't make it today with just Medicaid, long-term care patients.

Old 08-04-2016, 10:06 AM

22,415 posts, read 47,402,095 times
For those looking to work and willing to relocate...
WVU Medicine - Careers
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment