Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2016, 08:50 PM

1,193 posts, read 1,025,823 times

Advertisements

They wanted to give us the incentive check first and then meet with us to discuss the review which was backwards. So a lot of people who didn't get one had no idea why because they review was submitted based on the scale below

1-unsatisfactory
2-Needs Improvement
3-Satisfactory
4-Outstanding
5-Superior

I was able to calculate that I had a 2 rating based on the check and have no clue what I need improvement on until I meet with my manager next week. What made it worst was some of the people who were 3's and 4's were blirting out how much their check was and of course I didn't want to hear that. Can you really be at a job for almost 3 years and not be performing on a satisfactory level?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2016, 10:02 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,743,916 times
Ask your manager

Old 08-06-2016, 12:54 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,506,680 times
Quote:
Can you really be at a job for almost 3 years and not be performing on a satisfactory level?
Yes. Happens all the time.

I'd be proactive about this appointment. I'd go in with information about what you've done well and be prepared to ask for constructive feedback to improve your performance. Think of this as a good thing- you know ahead of time (if your assumptions are correct) that you are not working up to par. So you have the heads up and can be proactive about showing initiative to improve your performance.

Old 08-06-2016, 01:03 PM

1,193 posts, read 1,025,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post
Yes. Happens all the time.

I'd be proactive about this appointment. I'd go in with information about what you've done well and be prepared to ask for constructive feedback to improve your performance. Think of this as a good thing- you know ahead of time (if your assumptions are correct) that you are not working up to par. So you have the heads up and can be proactive about showing initiative to improve your performance.
Yes that is the plan so I can get big bonuses like some people next year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment