Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2016, 01:13 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,745,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post

Dishonesty will not get you hired.

would I hire you for being dishonest?

If you are unable to have the prerequisites to do that, why would you bother applying?
Some people who meet the prereqs are perfectly qualified. The problem is that employers discriminate against someone with a lengthy unemployment gap or someone who doesn't have the experience that they want. Sometimes, people have to lie and put fluff on their resume in order to get past certain HR filters. You could be as honest as you can be and wonder why no one would consider your resume.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2017, 01:08 PM

7,032 posts, read 14,479,950 times
iI you've had that many jobs and continued to get new jobs despite your record of short stints, then you must be doing something right.

Old 02-10-2017, 01:13 PM

3,285 posts, read 2,661,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumb View Post
I am physically fit with no disabilities or health problems. Strong, tall, no allergies, no dyslexia, no mental health problems, and by all means winner of the genetic lottery.

But if my resume was listed accurately, it would contain around 30 to 35 jobs (including casual and temp jobs - I've stopped counting). The last 3 years contain 6 jobs and periods of unemployment.

If it is asked "Have you ever been dismissed?" I always lie and say no. I have dropped out of adult education three times. The longest I've held a job was for 11 months when I was 28. I haven't been able to hold a job for a full year in my entire adult life.

In my last job crawl, it took me 4 weeks to secure my highest-paying job yet - and it's tediously easy. I didn't even bother working for 6 months.
Why should anyone hire you? You'll be gone soon anyway.

Old 02-10-2017, 01:25 PM

1,104 posts, read 919,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnojr View Post
Why should anyone hire you? You'll be gone soon anyway.
I'll never be out of work, son. Nothing to prove to you. If you feel the need to cry about it, there's always a pillow. And another forum.

Old 02-10-2017, 01:30 PM

Quote:
I'll never be out of work, son. Nothing to prove to you. If you feel the need to cry about it, there's always a pillow. And another forum.
I can see now why you're such a success in life. All the rest of us can do is try to emulate you as much as possible. Thank you for sharing your wisdom.

Old 02-10-2017, 01:41 PM

1,104 posts, read 919,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnojr View Post
I can see now why you're such a success in life. All the rest of us can do is try to emulate you as much as possible. Thank you for sharing your wisdom.
You have a bad attitude. We have a lady with a serious physical disability in our office. I speak to a manager (of a different department) who has Parkinsons'. They are both normal and highly efficient. I've learned that race, history, creed, has nothing to do with ability, and it's important to confront individuals who insist otherwise. If you feel the need to rant and bicker, send messages which I will ignore.

Old 02-10-2017, 01:45 PM

4,320 posts, read 5,136,926 times
What'd he say, he won the genetic lottery and said he was clever? But he can't hold one entry-level position after another? Doesn't add up. At least he isn't asking Trump for a job...

Old 02-10-2017, 03:55 PM

Rarely have I ever seen someone with such an apt username.

Old 02-10-2017, 05:53 PM

1,637 posts, read 1,346,024 times
Probably not I'm not a job hopper by nature
It gets really annoying finding another job
It's also annoying for companies to hire people then all of a sudden they leave costing them time and money

There may be some companies that will hire you but there may be very few of them.

I been with the school district at the same job for 10 years in an entry level job
Hopefully that's not bad even thou I have a degree

Old 04-14-2017, 03:27 PM

2,495 posts, read 1,870,982 times
Quote:

That's my attitude. That's my REAL resume. Would you hire me?
Nope. Not with that attitude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment