Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2016, 01:13 PM

10,612 posts, read 12,129,422 times

Advertisements

Any one else get that feeling after reading various posts here.

Reading this thread makes me glad I work for the company I do.
Because you folks work at some effed up places, with some difficult people.

-- People getting upset because others comment about their food
-- People getting passed over for promotions
-- Co-workers being ungrateful for a coffee machine
-- Co-workers wondering why you didn't asks them if they wanted lunch when you went out to get yours.
-- Bosses that don't need to be managers (like that is a novelty)
-- How do I handle this, what should I do about that.

Makes one grateful….where I work:
-- no one is trying to gas light anybody
-- yes we can argue with raised voices, and it's NOT the end of the world.

Do we have some lazy bums? Sure.
Do we have some argumentative people that others think are a PITA? Of course.
As long as we're all human beings we will all have our flaws and various personalities. Duh...
But there stories I read about here have me thanking my lucky stars for my situation.

Maybe even more important than the company, I'm glad to have the co-workes and manager I do. We come in, for the most part do our jobs, get along, and go home. No day-to-day drama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2016, 01:44 PM

13,011 posts, read 13,047,890 times
I agree entirely. My workplace isn't perfect, but it certainly isn't the toxic hellhole described by many of the posters on this board.

People should remember this when reading many posts here.

Most workplaces aren't Orwellian bureaucracies invading your personal privacy;

Most people don't want to know where you landed a new job for the sole reason of calling up your new boss and slandering you;

Most HR departments don't post fake job ads with impossible prerequisites just for giggles;

Most coworkers don't view work as a dog eat dog world where the best way to get ahead is to setup another person for failure.

Old 09-17-2016, 03:22 PM

12,847 posts, read 9,055,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
I agree entirely. My workplace isn't perfect, but it certainly isn't the toxic hellhole described by many of the posters on this board.

People should remember this when reading many posts here.

Most workplaces aren't Orwellian bureaucracies invading your personal privacy;

Most people don't want to know where you landed a new job for the sole reason of calling up your new boss and slandering you;

Most HR departments don't post fake job ads with impossible prerequisites just for giggles;

Most coworkers don't view work as a dog eat dog world where the best way to get ahead is to setup another person for failure.
I agree with you. Which is what makes it so hard for so many to believe the stories until they fall through that rabbit hole and experience it themselves. I know I didn't. My first 20 something years were like you describe. Not perfect. Occasional bad boss. Several good ones. During that time I would never have believed had I come back from the future and told myself what would happen.

Old 09-17-2016, 03:29 PM

158 posts, read 98,917 times
My experience has not been that great. In fact it's been pretty terrible. I really hope one day I can get a good job with a good company like OP.

Old 09-17-2016, 03:33 PM

901 posts, read 747,412 times
I agree. Some people will ALWAYS see/interpret negativity in any environment no matter how good it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment