Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2016, 08:12 PM

21 posts, read 29,967 times

Advertisements

I'm trying to drum up business for a "paralegal" service I offer to lawyers.

On my website, in addition to the sales pitch, I plan to post a few case studies & an "About" page.

In the "About" info, I'm considering including my credit score -- not because I'm trying to borrow anything, but just to show that I'm trustworthy & keep my contracts. (It's 810.)

What do you think of that? Helpful? Tacky?

All other things being equal, would a good credit score be a plus if you were hiring a stranger for business services?

(I want to leverage every edge that I have...)

Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2016, 08:41 PM

12,064 posts, read 23,107,524 times
Have you ever seen any self-employed person list their credit score? Are you an experienced paralegal?

Old 09-17-2016, 11:08 PM

1,858 posts, read 3,090,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sitebysun View Post

On my website, in addition to the sales pitch, I plan to post a few case studies & an "About" page.

In the "About" info, I'm considering including my credit score -- not because I'm trying to borrow anything, but just to show that I'm trustworthy & keep my contracts. (It's 810.)

All other things being equal, would a good credit score be a plus if you were hiring a stranger for business services?

(I want to leverage every edge that I have...)

Thoughts?
Doing so would probably have the opposite effect by making you look amateurish. If I were looking for a paralegal, I'd be more interested in testimonials from clients. Absent those, I think I'd try to call as little attention to my inexperience as possible, and hopefully build some clientele. Don't "try too hard." It could backfire.

Old 09-18-2016, 06:59 AM

50,138 posts, read 35,802,333 times
I think that would look silly, JMO.

Old 09-18-2016, 07:41 AM

10,746 posts, read 25,876,123 times
Leave off the credit score...no one cares.

Your credit score only tells me one thing and is has zip to do with being a paralegal. You need to include professional references, not your credit score, if you want someone to take you seriously.

Most law firms, even small ones, have in house paralegals...WHY should they hire you, an outside service, when it's cheaper and easier to have one in house? That's the question you need to answer.

Old 09-18-2016, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
Leave off the credit score...no one cares.

Your credit score only tells me one thing and is has zip to do with being a paralegal. You need to include professional references, not your credit score, if you want someone to take you seriously.

Most law firms, even small ones, have in house paralegals...WHY should they hire you, an outside service, when it's cheaper and easier to have one in house? That's the question you need to answer.

I would add that if you want to work as an free lance paralegal, you need to learn your trade by working for a law firm first,

Old 09-18-2016, 09:53 AM

22,265 posts, read 47,198,180 times
Quote:
"paralegal" ????
So you are not really a paralegal?

Parading your credit score is not only silly and unnecessary, but strange.
Plus, anyone can make up a number....

Old 09-18-2016, 11:16 AM

8,340 posts, read 6,723,116 times
Quote:

Thoughts?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zq7Eki5EZ8o

Old 09-18-2016, 11:26 AM

Location: In a city within a state where politicians come to get their PHDs in Corruption
2,909 posts, read 2,052,793 times
"Thoughts?"

Wtf!

Old 09-18-2016, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
"paralegal" ????
So you are not really a paralegal?

Parading your credit score is not only silly and unnecessary, but strange.
Plus, anyone can make up a number....
The quotation marks raised my eyebrows as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment