Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2016, 11:21 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,680,578 times

Advertisements

We're in a economy that rewards investment income and punishes workers. People that work in money management business cannot figure what to do with all this cash as they've collected loot from all the cheap loans they can get by borrowing. These industries do not create jobs, because all this cash is generated by paper not by productivity.

Middle class especially those starting out cannot compete in this new economy because there are no net positive job creation. There are more jobs being moved overseas or across the border as well as automation replacing starting jobs. What we have today are either specialized jobs that require 5 years of experience or gigs that people get paid for limited services.

Big companies no longer go to colleges are hire hundreds of students to replenish their ranks because too many positions eliminated and too many boomers continue to work as they can't afford to stop working.

If you heard what Donald Trump has said not about immigrants but about the Federal government's role in keeping interest rates super low to keep the establishment happy. The longer we stay in a low interest rate environment the longer the income inequalities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2016, 02:59 PM

35,051 posts, read 31,251,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
We're in a economy that rewards investment income and punishes workers. People that work in money management business cannot figure what to do with all this cash as they've collected loot from all the cheap loans they can get by borrowing. These industries do not create jobs, because all this cash is generated by paper not by productivity.

Middle class especially those starting out cannot compete in this new economy because there are no net positive job creation. There are more jobs being moved overseas or across the border as well as automation replacing starting jobs. What we have today are either specialized jobs that require 5 years of experience or gigs that people get paid for limited services.

Big companies no longer go to colleges are hire hundreds of students to replenish their ranks because too many positions eliminated and too many boomers continue to work as they can't afford to stop working.

If you heard what Donald Trump has said not about immigrants but about the Federal government's role in keeping interest rates super low to keep the establishment happy. The longer we stay in a low interest rate environment the longer the income inequalities.
When I graduated in 2010, the business school I was graduating from posted long dot matrix printouts of available jobs. All I can assume is they basically dumped the local Indeed into a CSV and printed it out. They made it look like jobs were hanging on trees. Of course there was little to no hiring then.

Old 10-20-2016, 02:29 PM

1,201 posts, read 4,044,300 times
I'm not a guy, I'm not young, and I don't play video games. But I'm sure I'm pretty much unemployable. I'm almost 50. I have a fairly recent BS Geology degree (2009) and only a few years experience before getting laid off in 2014. I've done some "consulting" work but not much lately. Thank gawd it was the taxpayers that paid for my degree (grants and scholarships) and not me. I didn't take out any loans. I'm not going to take that kind of chance these days with my own money.

Old 11-28-2016, 03:06 AM

804 posts, read 544,492 times
The person who wrote this article wants attention similar to Anita Sarkeesian or gamersgate or the desperate writer who bashed Street Fighter II. This writer wrote many more male oppressive articles which could be found at her word-press.. I am not saying that maybe she is pulling a gamersgate on the side. In general all writer write rubbish like that in order to gain attention as writers. Many art forms uses controversy to create filler for a story and gain attention as a working artist. All art forms ( including writing ) could be seen as distractions from the greater cause. Including videogames.

Men are not getting jobs because they are being discriminated against do to conservative trends. How can you work a service job when most of your patreons are service men and Archie Bunkers hiding behind the stereotypical conservative image. A man discovers when he grows his hair out; his grand mother says he looks like a girl and reference the n-word towards him. All it would is enough evidence and a couple of court cases to change that spectrum.

Do women use their money to make children, invest in business, and purchase property?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment