Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2016, 12:58 PM

684 posts, read 710,665 times

Advertisements

So basically this recruiter, her profile says that she worked for 2 agencies. The first agency is where I quit the job because Unemployment offered a better deal. The second agency is also where I quit the job because Unemployment offered a better deal, only here she was the recruiter (I already had my masters degree). ???

Another recruiter, now this agency started out the same time I did, over 20 years of IT experience. Only they never placed me. Every time I look for work, they contact me and ask to take a test. If you say no he is going to harass you for weeks, taking the test is not in your best interest. So basically while scoring 97 on the test this agency has not placed me. While typing this I remembered that I did ask not to contact me with tests via a formal email. So basically last time I was looking for work, I got bothered with all that "Test" harassment. And then last year some girl from this agency called my cell while I was at work and told me about this "Hedge Fund' the name of the hedge fund is to holly to pronounce and she also said they would be paying a competitive wage (or maybe a different adjective then competative, but she never said anything concrete.

So basically those 2 idiots are my best friends on LinkedIn (that i don't use)

While i am ranting about recruiters, do you remember that time when a Robert Half recruiter was use-full ? Me neither.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2016, 09:03 AM

24 posts, read 15,453 times
Recruiters are useless to me. I used one once and when I told her how much I was looking for she basically said that was asking too much. She tried to convince me to make lower offer. I said no. She ended the conversation and said she would make the offer but that my offer would be most likely rejected. Three days later the company said they didn't see any problems with my offer.

She called, e-mailed, left voicemails.... I was done with her.

Old 10-03-2016, 09:13 AM

684 posts, read 710,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadSoul- View Post
Recruiters are useless to me. I used one once and when I told her how much I was looking for she basically said that was asking too much. She tried to convince me to make lower offer. I said no. She ended the conversation and said she would make the offer but that my offer would be most likely rejected. Three days later the company said they didn't see any problems with my offer.

She called, e-mailed, left voicemails.... I was done with her.
The number of agencies I have black listed this year while NOT looking for work.... lol

Old 10-03-2016, 09:18 AM

10,326 posts, read 17,366,587 times
I don't deal with staffing agencies, don't allow them to connect on LinkedIn to me, and don't answer nor return their phone calls and am happier for it.

Old 10-03-2016, 09:49 AM

3,137 posts, read 2,692,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchemist80 View Post
I don't deal with staffing agencies, don't allow them to connect on LinkedIn to me, and don't answer nor return their phone calls and am happier for it.
Same here.

I don't deal with staffing agencies. My resume on monster says "please, no recruiters or temp agencies". They really are nothing but trouble. I have found that many of them don't even know how to correctly place people into jobs. Many are young with no knowledge of the job industry at all. They may come across like a know-it-all, but they know absolutely nothing.

I used to have a friend who was a highly paid management consultant, earning over 150K a year. He did a lot of freelance work. He would be contacted by agencies and recruiters trying to place him into entry level administrative jobs or help desk jobs that paid 20-35 K a year. They couldn't even read his resume and determine exactly what he did for a living. Yes, they were that stupid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment