Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2016, 07:52 AM

88,042 posts, read 83,879,518 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
This is Federal Government in the DC area related.

Whats the typical take between an employee at a Prime Contractor and the Subcontractor? Lets say the Government is billed for $100/hour for work by the Contracting company. What percent of that will the employee get if he works for the Prime Contractor? What if he is a subcontractor. what percent of that will his subcontracting company get, what percentage will the employee get?

I want to know that plus more on the business model and costs for Sub contractors.
Ok, for that info, you have to speak with actual contractors. Obviously, there is no one answer, but an estimator might be able to guide you as to how they calculate their rates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2016, 07:57 AM

88,042 posts, read 83,879,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
I guess I'm totally confused? How it works in my world:

When a contract is out there for bid and a perspective bidder has a question that needs clarification, they submit an RFI - Request for Information. The RFI and the response is then sent out to all the perspective bidders so there is no favoratism. OR a contract that is underway - the contractor might have an RFI to deal with something not covered in the contract.

We send out RFP's - Request for Proposal - to companies that already hold service contracts when we want something done that's out of the contract scope. If those service contractors find something broken outside of their contract they can submit a URFP (unsolicited).
RFI is Request for Info to me, also, but some use it as Request for Interest. We did RFEIs--Request for Expression of Interest.

Old 12-21-2016, 11:37 PM

13,061 posts, read 20,727,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyInSD View Post
?? - what makes you say that...I assume this is just facetiousness - any Federal Contracting Officer who decided to ignore the FAR would find him or herself in a pile of doo-doo pretty quick...
Many of our contracts are never publicized or go out for open bids. This is just the way we conduct business. has always been how we conduct business, and will always be how we conduct business. Not even the President, Congress, the Secretary, or the Director will be able to change how it's done.

Old 12-22-2016, 07:15 AM

1,377 posts, read 1,145,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabrrita View Post
Many of our contracts are never publicized or go out for open bids. This is just the way we conduct business. has always been how we conduct business, and will always be how we conduct business. Not even the President, Congress, the Secretary, or the Director will be able to change how it's done.

Who is this "we" you're speaking of?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment