Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2017, 10:31 AM

9,873 posts, read 14,112,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by filochica View Post
Exactly! So I feel if they're saying that, it's pretty clear they ARE indeed seeing each other outside of work...it's not just my imagination running wild!
I have gone to Happy Hour with my opposite sex boss numerous times. It is purely platonic. Not sure why you automatically assume it is more than that, AND that they are now conspiring against you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2017, 10:45 AM

94 posts, read 82,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencgr View Post
I have gone to Happy Hour with my opposite sex boss numerous times. It is purely platonic. Not sure why you automatically assume it is more than that, AND that they are now conspiring against you?

I didn't assume it's more than that, I was just saying that they are flirtatious at work and I know that they're seeing each other outside of work. The different demeanor combined with the flirtation just made me paranoid, I guess ha ha.

Old 01-23-2017, 06:35 AM

4,852 posts, read 3,642,872 times
Default Not you

Remember that it might NOT be all about you.

After working for lawyers for 25 years, early on I realized not to get all worked up if they were acting weird. Family issues, work issues they have, etc.

Don't get all paranoid and let how THEY are acting bother you. Do your job well, keep your mouth shut and hopefully it will pass.

Old 01-30-2017, 03:46 PM

94 posts, read 82,911 times
Update: So last week, my boss started acting more normal (at least, for himself) and was addressing me by my name again. Then today he reverted back to acting all strange again. I know that he and my co-worker who he flirts with saw each other last weekend. I'm not paranoid because she told him on Friday "I'll see you tomorrow!" So now I'm getting all worked up again that she's manipulating him. I just feel like she has this weird power over him and it's making me nuts when my work is so exemplary.

Old 01-30-2017, 04:44 PM

7,654 posts, read 5,110,679 times
Quote:
Update: So last week, my boss started acting more normal (at least, for himself) and was addressing me by my name again. Then today he reverted back to acting all strange again. I know that he and my co-worker who he flirts with saw each other last weekend. I'm not paranoid because she told him on Friday "I'll see you tomorrow!" So now I'm getting all worked up again that she's manipulating him. I just feel like she has this weird power over him and it's making me nuts when my work is so exemplary.
what do you do, I am guessing you are not a rocket scientist at NASA.

Old 01-31-2017, 06:00 AM

9,873 posts, read 14,112,458 times
Quote:

You, youself, said you have no idea why this other person would be out for you. And I am sure they are not. If you recognize that, it is so strange to me that you are tying these things together. I'm not trying to be mean, but you sound like you should really get some mental therapy.

Old 02-04-2017, 12:16 AM

9,891 posts, read 11,757,343 times
Consider your boss was nice to you and was trying to get a flirting relationship with you and you were not receptive.

Got a relationship going with other woman and stopped trying to flirt with you.

Old 02-04-2017, 12:50 AM

11,120 posts, read 5,583,894 times
Quote:
I don't want to be close to him, trust me! I just am bothered by the change in his demeanor toward me.
My advice is to drop this whole issue and do not worry about it. If you ask him anything about it, it could only get worse. Keep your distance and don't gossip about it with co-workers. It's not your responsibility to deal with his personal problems. Is the upper-management active in interfering with office romances? If so, his days are probably numbered there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment