Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2017, 02:52 PM

127 posts, read 146,320 times

Advertisements

Call HR immediately. Touching you in the workplace without your consent is harassment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2017, 04:59 PM

450 posts, read 1,203,100 times
Maybe his husband isn't putting out..
Quote:
Originally Posted by liveurdream View Post
Wife must not be putting out.

Old 03-16-2017, 05:34 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,211,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterPan666 View Post
One of my normally "laidback" supervisors has been behaving oddly of late;

He has been touching me a lot lately. Not sexually, but a lot more than what is normal from a male supervisor. For example yesterday he walked up to me and slapped me across the belly as a greeting, and slapped me across the back thirty minutes later.

On Monday he walked up behind me and began questioning me on my status as a virgin, theorizing that due to strange appearance I have probably never had sex before, talking about the size of his penis and how he pleasures women with it, asking me how many "b******" I have copulated with. I didn't answer, and just walked away from him. He did this in the presence of another employee. This other employee I would describe as a "snake"; someone who contributes to a bullying atmosphere (gossip, put-downs, exclusion etc.)

This supervisor also has a newly acquired gash over his right eye, which he attributes to "drunk-fighting".

Is there anything of concern here? I just feel very "weirded out" by him.
Yes, Tell him to stop. Stop touching you, stop saying sexual things to you. Your gut feeling is telling you he is doing things that are wrong. It is a warning system.

This is never behavior that is acceptable from a supervisor at work. Or anyone unless you are in a relationship with them and you want them to touch you or talk to you that way.

He sounds like he is grooming you, first touching you, then escalating to hitting you and blatantly saying sexual things to you.

I would say by his aggressive physical behavior and blatant sexual way that he was talking to you that you may not be safe there by yourself. I wouldn't trust that other person either. Are there other employees present, do not go anywhere on site by yourself, or alone with these people. Please be careful.

And, You need to report this immediately. Is there an HR department there? Talk to your HR person immediately.

If you aren't comfortable with HR then I would say that you should call the police. His slapping you is physical assault. His saying sexual stuff is sexual harassment https://www.eeoc.gov/laws/types/harassment.cfm There is a way to report this on the page.

You can also Call 211 from your cell or landline and speak to the volunteers 24/7 and tell them what you've written here. They will give you contact information for someone that can help you. 2-1-1.org

Or call the Department of Labor right away. Phone number is on this page. https://www.dol.gov/general/contact

Please be careful.

Last edited by JanND; 03-16-2017 at 05:49 PM..

Old 03-16-2017, 05:42 PM

2,511 posts, read 2,817,231 times
Start a log and document this, along with anyone who saw it. Document everything and keep it on your personal device and/or not on any company assets. This is the minimum.

You should let HR know, but you can request it be for documentation only--but that has risks. No cat stays in the bag forever.

Avoid any compromising situations and he as much as possible.

Always be looking for the next job--always. CYA.

Old 03-16-2017, 08:41 PM

571 posts, read 1,303,098 times
You need to find another job. Even though he is in the wrong, nothing good will come of reporting it, and he won't stop on his own. The system that is designed to protect you is a joke. If you stay at this job, the only thing that will happen is that things will get worse for you.

Old 03-16-2017, 09:06 PM

Location: In a city within a state where politicians come to get their PHDs in Corruption
2,907 posts, read 2,068,439 times
This is a tough situation. Although, I will disagree and say that this probably isn't sexual harassment, but a troubled man acting out. Especially considering the sudden onset of this behavior, and his bar fight. There's something that obviously went wrong with him quickly. Loss of a loved one, divorce, kid(s) in jail, his own legal troubles, that type of stuff.

Good luck. I haven't yet figured out what to do with the loonies, other than fire them as quickly as possible. Distance yourself as much as possible, and if it continues, report it up the flag pole.

Old 03-16-2017, 09:16 PM

10,990 posts, read 20,562,477 times
Keep records as others have recommended. Tell HR what he is doing, be prepared to put it in writing. You don't need to describe it as sexual harassment but as unwanted behavior that concerns you. I agree that the change in his behavior is troubling, mention that he spoke of a bar fight. He may be a predator, he also may have suffered brain damage from the fight if he has not exhibited this activity earlier.

Old 03-17-2017, 07:46 AM

11,582 posts, read 6,733,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterPan666 View Post
It doesn't seem normal to me. I've worked here for a year and 2 months now and have never had any sort of sexual related discussion with anyone. Me and him barely talk, so it seems unusual that he would just walk up behind me and initiate a conversation about sex out of the blue.

Whatever...

Edit: This is my first job btw
NO ITS NOT NORMAL!!! DUH!

Sorry, but how the heck would you think this is normal??? NO ONE is supposed to talk to you that way, especially at work! You need to tell HIS BOSS ASAP or go straight to Human Resources. Tell them you refuse to work with this idiot effective now! If they refuse to remove him and it doesn't stop right away, hire a lawyer and sue them for sexual harassment. DO THIS TODAY!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-17-2017, 10:08 AM

13,284 posts, read 8,449,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnojr View Post
Absolutely not. This is normal, acceptable behavior across the US and in every work environment. You're just being overly sensitive.

Lol!!!! Truly 2pts for sarcasm in just the right dose
I tend to agree that April fool's celebrate year round for some....

Old 03-17-2017, 10:24 AM

98 posts, read 167,729 times
Can't formulate a proper response until I know whether this is real. My gut says not real. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment