Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2017, 10:40 AM

213 posts, read 204,847 times

Advertisements

I sent an email to HR yesterday afternoon. No response yet, but I hope this just doesn't make things worse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2017, 10:41 AM

212 posts, read 335,592 times
Default Obviously you should sue

or march. Or both.

Old 03-17-2017, 10:42 AM

5,126 posts, read 7,410,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterPan666 View Post

He has been touching me a lot lately. Not sexually, but a lot more than what is normal from a male supervisor. For example yesterday he walked up to me and slapped me across the belly as a greeting, and slapped me across the back thirty minutes later.

On Monday he walked up behind me and began questioning me on my status as a virgin, theorizing that due to strange appearance I have probably never had sex before, talking about the size of his penis and how he pleasures women with it, asking me how many "b******" I have copulated with.
If this guy were telling off-color jokes directed at no one in particular, I'd say let it go.

But this is blatant sexual harassment from a legal standpoint. There are no blurred lines to cause doubt. It is directed at you personally, and he is testing you.

This is information Human Resources needs to know. Your company could be sued for his behavior if they know about it. If no one knows, he will probably try this on future employees.

If you intend to stay in the job and he continues to act this way, you will have to report it. Otherwise, you will lose credibility if you go on too long without saying anything. The other thing to keep in mind, is that he will try to slander you and/or your job performance once you report him. You need to document everything, including witnesses.

Old 03-17-2017, 12:32 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,943,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tolovefromANFIELD View Post
This is a tough situation. Although, I will disagree and say that this probably isn't sexual harassment, but a troubled man acting out....
"... He has been touching me a lot lately. Not sexually, but a lot more than what is normal from a male supervisor. For example yesterday he walked up to me and slapped me across the belly as a greeting, and slapped me across the back thirty minutes later.

On Monday he walked up behind me and began questioning me on my status as a virgin, theorizing that due to strange appearance I have probably never had sex before, talking about the size of his penis and how he pleasures women with it, asking me how many "b******" I have copulated with. ..."

He's coming on to the OP and wants to develop a sexual relationship with him. Sounds like a top looking for a bottom.

Old 03-17-2017, 01:04 PM

213 posts, read 204,847 times
Ewww...

Old 03-17-2017, 03:34 PM

1,616 posts, read 1,808,103 times
Quote:
I sent an email to HR yesterday afternoon. No response yet, but I hope this just doesn't make things worse.
If that don’t work next time you will knock him right?

Old 03-17-2017, 04:40 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,372,564 times
Quote:
One of my normally "laidback" supervisors has been behaving oddly of late;

He has been touching me a lot lately. Not sexually, but a lot more than what is normal from a male supervisor. For example yesterday he walked up to me and slapped me across the belly as a greeting, and slapped me across the back thirty minutes later.

On Monday he walked up behind me and began questioning me on my status as a virgin, theorizing that due to strange appearance I have probably never had sex before, talking about the size of his penis and how he pleasures women with it, asking me how many "b******" I have copulated with. I didn't answer, and just walked away from him. He did this in the presence of another employee. This other employee I would describe as a "snake"; someone who contributes to a bullying atmosphere (gossip, put-downs, exclusion etc.)

This supervisor also has a newly acquired gash over his right eye, which he attributes to "drunk-fighting".

Is there anything of concern here? I just feel very "weirded out" by him.
Sounds like an even weirder version of "Fight Club". I'd get the hell out of that department and maybe the company if I had any options at all.

Old 03-17-2017, 05:32 PM

3,861 posts, read 3,152,805 times
Write a detailed email to HR and walk around with a tape recorder. Just do it now!

You are not one of the guys in a locker room, and do not get paid to hear his BS about sex and drinking.

Next time he comes around , tell him to stop NOW, and say it very loud and clear. Do not worry about hard feelings, he has crossed the line. Sexual topics are off limits at work.

Old 03-17-2017, 05:35 PM

3,861 posts, read 3,152,805 times
File an claim with the city /govermant too. They will try to retaliate against you. Make sure you mention the co worker near by and let them know he does similiar things.

Old 03-17-2017, 06:49 PM

11,582 posts, read 6,736,853 times
File a complaint with the EEOC

https://www.eeoc.gov/federal/fed_emp..._complaint.cfm Human resources should have got back to you immediately! There are laws about this type of harassment at work. If the company doesn't do anything about it they will be fined. You could also possibly receive compensation. I would speak to an lawyer too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment