Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2017, 11:16 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,277,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by frimpter928 View Post
Every other Friday we work from home, so that wasn't unusual in that regard. I am not sure what is going on though. Something is up, cause the boss has just been throwing way too many hints and saying things that lead me to believe to that.

For example last Thursday he asked me if I know how to use the program that she uses for her work. I said I do, that I am well versed in it. So he asked if I would be able to do the work she does using that program if need be.

Those kinds of things keep popping up.
It sounds to me like your boss is savoring the drama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2017, 11:22 AM

13,011 posts, read 13,044,002 times
Quote:
Yeah, I don't know what's going on. It's very peculiar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
It sounds to me like your boss is savoring the drama.
Isn't the OP's manager new to the position/company? This sounds like a new manager letting the super cautious HR department dictate the process, nothing more.

Old 04-17-2017, 11:32 AM

1,825 posts, read 1,420,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
Isn't the OP's manager new to the position/company? This sounds like a new manager letting the super cautious HR department dictate the process, nothing more.
You're correct, he has been here only about four months. The rest of the team including myself have been here only a little more than two months.

Old 04-17-2017, 11:47 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,277,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
Just calling it as I see it; take my opinion for what it's worth.

Old 04-17-2017, 11:50 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,741,423 times
I can't believe she isn't gone either. I am very surprised your boss let her talk to you the way she did in the meeting!! He should have stopped her and told her that is not an acceptable work ethic.

I don't think he necessarily savors the drama, I think he doesn't like confrontation so is being very slow and methodical about getting rid of her.

Old 04-17-2017, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
I can't believe she isn't gone either. I am very surprised your boss let her talk to you the way she did in the meeting!! He should have stopped her and told her that is not an acceptable work ethic.

I don't think he necessarily savors the drama, I think he doesn't like confrontation so is being very slow and methodical about getting rid of her.
Well first of all, I think he was trying to get more and more to build his case. I think that's why he kind of didn't interject in our meeting when she got crazy on me. He saw I was in control of my emotions and she wasn't, which I think helped build his case, instead of him diffusing it. I think he saw she was out of line and I was handling it will, which made her look even worse.

Trust me, during the meeting, I also thought to myself Why isn't he saying anything? Why isn't he stopping her from spewing the venom? That's actually the reason why I called for a one on one meeting with him right AFTER because I was like if he isn't going to say anything, then I am going to speak up now. He's very smart so I think he was letting her get a tinge out of control that way he could back it up and had proof.

That's what I think. Because he's known what she has been up to in regards to her coup for the past few weeks.

With that being said I have 99.9% reason to believe it's happening today EOD......I will give you all an update when I know. Thanks again everyone for the support and advice but looks like today it's going to end.

Old 04-17-2017, 03:53 PM

Well, it's over. It's unfortunate when things have to go this way, but we were informed about an hour ago that she was let go.

I think it will be good for the team now able to move on from having drama on the team.

Old 04-17-2017, 03:57 PM

7,654 posts, read 5,113,409 times
Quote:
Well first of all, I think he was trying to get more and more to build his case. I think that's why he kind of didn't interject in our meeting when she got crazy on me. He saw I was in control of my emotions and she wasn't, which I think helped build his case, instead of him diffusing it. I think he saw she was out of line and I was handling it will, which made her look even worse.

Trust me, during the meeting, I also thought to myself Why isn't he saying anything? Why isn't he stopping her from spewing the venom? That's actually the reason why I called for a one on one meeting with him right AFTER because I was like if he isn't going to say anything, then I am going to speak up now. He's very smart so I think he was letting her get a tinge out of control that way he could back it up and had proof.

That's what I think. Because he's known what she has been up to in regards to her coup for the past few weeks.

With that being said I have 99.9% reason to believe it's happening today EOD......I will give you all an update when I know. Thanks again everyone for the support and advice but looks like today it's going to end.
I would make sure he was building a case because no matter how cool you are that venom does damage if you come to find out that she is not actually digging her own grave. It can actually do physical medical damage if you loose piece of mind about the situation (ie he is not building a case and is just ok with it).

People in low positions who are forced to tolerate vitriol without any conseqeunces (or very little conseqences) on the offender often results in medically damaging levels of stress because the powerlessness of being in that situation is probably the most toxic thing for your health.

Old 04-17-2017, 04:02 PM

4,286 posts, read 4,760,161 times
Quote:
Well, it's over. It's unfortunate when things have to go this way, but we were informed about an hour ago that she was let go.

I think it will be good for the team now able to move on from having drama on the team.
Thanks for the update. Hopefully your workplace will be drama-free now.

Old 04-17-2017, 04:13 PM

13,011 posts, read 13,044,002 times
Thanks for the update. This thread was a great illustration of how toxic people think and act.

I am happy that it is working out ok.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment