Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2017, 01:06 AM

19,965 posts, read 30,111,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tassity22 View Post
Of course it should be punished the same. Why not?
because its like a hate crime 99.99999999% one way

yes if on the same premise as women,,,, and same rules/laws apply,,,then yes lots of sexual harassment happens,,,,,but it is different..

its funny after going thru sexual harassment and culture classes....the female facilitator tell men,,,,,,dont ever joke with a woman,,,dont ever comment on what shes wearing,,,dont ever take her out to lunch or be alone in an office with her..
and for gods sake don't ever in any situation touch her,,,even if you think its innocent..

but then we men see the lady's they will joke of sexual nature,,,,they can touch us on the arm or shoulder when talking or its a habit gesture.. its open season for them....

but that's different ...because we are men..

if I got offended easy ,,yep ive been so called sexually harassed..... but women....
but its different with (most) men,,,it can be flattering..... and welcoming to joke around to help time pass and add some levity... to work,,

its different most men never have to worry about being raped or cornered.. (this is what women tell me) and its true

its different....most men arent shrinking violets or will run and hide . I use to have 80 accounts I would visit and some ladies would come over for a hug...
and they would put their hands on my butt..it was a big joke........
not all ladies.....and it didn't bother me in the least....
ive had women say if you got the time....ive got the place... "what are you doing for lunch"??? and one lady came up behind me and put her hands in my pockets and asked how I was doing..
and I don't work in seedy environments,,,just the lady's had free range of whatever they wanted to do or joke around,,

its always been a double standard..

ive had lady's actually give me a kiss at work,,,,,,,and I'm no rock star or sexual deviant like bill Clinton.. chasing any skirt in front of me..

and yes....this is the exception..

and work parties???????
we use to have summer picnic parties at a beach ....and years ago there was alcohol...then we had to stop that to be pc even if it wasn't a work event,,
but it was because the lady's again having free range....was wearing very little and being quite friendly and the older wives had a tough time with this....so no more gatherings at all

now I'm not blaming the ladies at all......

as an older man ...not too old,,,i watch what I say .....so it doesn't get taken the wrong way...I adhere to the guidelines of treating women in the workplace as equals... and give no reason to offend anyone..

these laws .... are in place for a reason I understand that from blatant harassment years ago,,,
but they are a double standard... for sure..

one group of ladies had a sign in their breakroom 10 years ago "sexual harassment will not be tolerated" it will be encouraged"

they were pretty tough warehouse workers ...not defenseless little girls .

not all places are office environments..... ive worked in teams that the women had a mouth like a sailor... and be highly suggestive ... but she could,,,, she was also respected.....no one dared to ever come on to her.

in my over 3 decades of working yes, things have gotten much much better for women in the workplace ......to a point I hear women say "you guys are no fun...wont even joke around" why you men so dry" so garded" you men are emotionless like rocks"
because this is a place of business and sexual harassment is what a woman determines it is even if a guy looks at a woman too long..... or slips and calls her "darlin" (ive been called "hunny" for decades by ladies)

when I hire men,,,i tell them directly to treat every other female/women employee as you would want other men treating your daughter. or wife ...no joking around - no matter the innuendos they throw at you)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2017, 05:23 AM

1,092 posts, read 1,553,835 times
men just dont touch women or associate much with em on workforce unless you have too e.g. on team

too many femi nazis and in their nature don't know how to shutup/ bitchy

the ones you can associate with easy to spot out mellow

Old 03-29-2017, 05:03 AM

473 posts, read 306,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
because its like a hate crime 99.99999999% one way

yes if on the same premise as women,,,, and same rules/laws apply,,,then yes lots of sexual harassment happens,,,,,but it is different..

its funny after going thru sexual harassment and culture classes....the female facilitator tell men,,,,,,dont ever joke with a woman,,,dont ever comment on what shes wearing,,,dont ever take her out to lunch or be alone in an office with her..
and for gods sake don't ever in any situation touch her,,,even if you think its innocent..

but then we men see the lady's they will joke of sexual nature,,,,they can touch us on the arm or shoulder when talking or its a habit gesture.. its open season for them....

but that's different ...because we are men..

if I got offended easy ,,yep ive been so called sexually harassed..... but women....
but its different with (most) men,,,it can be flattering..... and welcoming to joke around to help time pass and add some levity... to work,,

its different most men never have to worry about being raped or cornered.. (this is what women tell me) and its true

its different....most men arent shrinking violets or will run and hide . I use to have 80 accounts I would visit and some ladies would come over for a hug...
and they would put their hands on my butt..it was a big joke........
not all ladies.....and it didn't bother me in the least....
ive had women say if you got the time....ive got the place... "what are you doing for lunch"??? and one lady came up behind me and put her hands in my pockets and asked how I was doing..
and I don't work in seedy environments,,,just the lady's had free range of whatever they wanted to do or joke around,,

its always been a double standard..

ive had lady's actually give me a kiss at work,,,,,,,and I'm no rock star or sexual deviant like bill Clinton.. chasing any skirt in front of me..

and yes....this is the exception..

and work parties???????
we use to have summer picnic parties at a beach ....and years ago there was alcohol...then we had to stop that to be pc even if it wasn't a work event,,
but it was because the lady's again having free range....was wearing very little and being quite friendly and the older wives had a tough time with this....so no more gatherings at all

now I'm not blaming the ladies at all......

as an older man ...not too old,,,i watch what I say .....so it doesn't get taken the wrong way...I adhere to the guidelines of treating women in the workplace as equals... and give no reason to offend anyone..

these laws .... are in place for a reason I understand that from blatant harassment years ago,,,
but they are a double standard... for sure..

one group of ladies had a sign in their breakroom 10 years ago "sexual harassment will not be tolerated" it will be encouraged"

they were pretty tough warehouse workers ...not defenseless little girls .

not all places are office environments..... ive worked in teams that the women had a mouth like a sailor... and be highly suggestive ... but she could,,,, she was also respected.....no one dared to ever come on to her.

in my over 3 decades of working yes, things have gotten much much better for women in the workplace ......to a point I hear women say "you guys are no fun...wont even joke around" why you men so dry" so garded" you men are emotionless like rocks"
because this is a place of business and sexual harassment is what a woman determines it is even if a guy looks at a woman too long..... or slips and calls her "darlin" (ive been called "hunny" for decades by ladies)

when I hire men,,,i tell them directly to treat every other female/women employee as you would want other men treating your daughter. or wife ...no joking around - no matter the innuendos they throw at you)
Thanks for the bolded

No we cannot touch men either, okay? Always talk with this certain woman first and say it is not suitable way to act. If she repeats, then report. Or give a boot if you are a boss.

I do have tickling hands and desiring mouth sometimes but I can hold my desires. Everyone can hold themselves even thoughts would be full of uuh aah. The other thing is if instructions are heard or not, lol.. From years back my advisor had so uuh aah this and that and only I remember is still that self-tongue-biting instead biting his haha He might be smart but I did not heard, sorry.

Old 03-29-2017, 05:11 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,733,154 times
So long as male and female sexuality is to be considered identical for the purposes of empowerment it must also be considered identical in regards to responsibility. To do otherwise would be unjust. Either men and women are the same and must be judged by the same standards, or they are not.

Old 03-29-2017, 05:44 AM

6,569 posts, read 11,233,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoX2 View Post
In general men don't report sexual harassment as much as women do. Men typically like the attention I guess from females but not necessarily the same vice versa. That's why it's dangerous dating someone from work because that can lead to sexual harassment lawsuits.
Uh no. It's simply a social double standard. As illustrated by this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elna Rae View Post
Unless the "victim" suffers from extreme Low T, I would advise handling the sitch himself. If his mates find out that he's crying about it to strangers on the interweb he's in for a bigtime smack down.

The kind that will make him never, ever whine again.
As for the original question - why not?

Not saying this is why it should be taking seriously, but the employer is typically the party the complaint is filed against. And they're not less liable because the victim is male.

Old 03-29-2017, 08:15 PM

9,865 posts, read 14,056,825 times
Quote:

ok, when you hire men you automatically assume they need a lesson in proper behavior? And then you assume women don't need this same lesson?

You are the problem, not the solution.

Old 03-30-2017, 06:16 AM

19,965 posts, read 30,111,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencgr View Post
ok, when you hire men you automatically assume they need a lesson in proper behavior? And then you assume women don't need this same lesson?

You are the problem, not the solution.

I encourage men to treat women
With utmost respect as they would want
Other men to treat their wife or daughter

You have an issue with this??

Besides with the sexual harassment laws
Leaning so far in the woman's direction
It's only smart business

Old 03-30-2017, 06:19 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,103,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elna Rae View Post
Unless the "victim" suffers from extreme Low T, I would advise handling the sitch himself. If his mates find out that he's crying about it to strangers on the interweb he's in for a bigtime smack down.
The kind that will make him never, ever whine again.
This attitude is the exact reason why men usually do not report rape, sexual harrassment or domestic violence.
Also promoting and condoning violence toward the victim, how very macho of you......

Old 03-30-2017, 06:20 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,103,864 times
Quote:
I encourage men to treat women
With utmost respect as they would want
Other men to treat their wife or daughter

You have an issue with this??

Besides with the sexual harassment laws
Leaning so far in the woman's direction
It's only smart business
I agree however women should do the same.

Old 03-30-2017, 07:19 AM

106 posts, read 121,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I agree however women should do the same.
I agree. That's definitely one-sided to only say that to men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment