Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2017, 09:54 AM

7,977 posts, read 4,987,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
I think because it sounds like a good job with good pay. OP did say that it's a customer service associate job with an insurance company which is why it is taking more than one interview.

How extensive and difficult is it to do CS billing though and the amount of training that needs to be involved? It used to be you got the interview done quick, some on-site training and your off to the races. Why must everything be made difficult today? Hes not applying for the CIA.

Most jobs can be done after a week or two (three at most) of good training. There should be no need for multiple interviews for a position like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2017, 09:57 AM

7,019 posts, read 3,750,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
How extensive and difficult is it to do CS billing though and the amount of training that needs to be involved? It used to be you got the interview done quick, some on-site training and your off to the races. Why must everything be made difficult today? Hes not applying for the CIA.

Most jobs can be done after a week or two (three at most) of good training. There should be no need for multiple interviews for a position like that.
But if it's a job working for Independence Blue Cross then it's probably a lot of people in the running for the position and they want to make the right choice.

Wish my job would interview people two times because seems like everyone who is hired doesn't make it past 90 days.

Old 04-16-2017, 10:07 AM

268 posts, read 282,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post

Yep, now applying for jobs consist of sending your resume, filling out an online app, taking assesments, phone interview, in person interview, second interview.

Head over to the job search section of this forum and you will see. There was recently a thread about a receptionist job requesting a physical physical fitness test.

Old 04-16-2017, 11:33 AM

8,340 posts, read 6,787,311 times
Quote:
Well I will be in contact with you does sound positive. Now if she had said It was very nice meeting you then I would say the chances are slim. That's why it's always important to ask what is the next step in the hiring process.
Sorry, no it's the "Nicer" brush off. Basically I see it as a "Don't call us, we'll call you" or to put it better, had they said "When can you bring in your identification?" or had they asked "Whats the next step?" that would have been a positive.

Old 04-16-2017, 11:50 AM

7,019 posts, read 3,750,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgustedman View Post
Sorry, no it's the "Nicer" brush off. Basically I see it as a "Don't call us, we'll call you" or to put it better, had they said "When can you bring in your identification?" or had they asked "Whats the next step?" that would have been a positive.
That could be true and add to the fact that the OP wasn't dressed properly for the interview which may hurt his chances. He said he didn't wear dress pants and that he wore a jacket that was zipped up. So that could play a factor in him making a good first impression on the interviewer.

Old 04-16-2017, 06:28 PM

11,582 posts, read 6,736,853 times
Interviewing twice for any position is a smart move on a hiring manager! It help weed out people who are just not right for the position.

OP, if I was you I would wait till Wednesday and then call the person that you had contact with. Let them know you are very much interested in the position and were wondering if they made any decision yet on who they would be hiring. Thank them for their time!

Old 04-16-2017, 06:39 PM

757 posts, read 838,324 times
Don't blame you for being stressed. Very little more stressful than a job search and waiting for a call. Of course there is nothing you can do. For my part, I would not call the HR to inquire. They said they would be in contact. I'd let it go at that.

Good luck to you.

Old 04-17-2017, 03:30 AM

1,752 posts, read 3,754,147 times
They will decide for you.

Old 04-17-2017, 06:37 AM

14 posts, read 6,686 times
the first interview was with a HR rep

2nd with the Hiring manager and hiring supervisor

Old 04-17-2017, 06:38 AM

14 posts, read 6,686 times
Quote:
That could be true and add to the fact that the OP wasn't dressed properly for the interview which may hurt his chances. He said he didn't wear dress pants and that he wore a jacket that was zipped up. So that could play a factor in him making a good first impression on the interviewer.

i did wear dress pants

and my jack was alight spring jacket that wasnt zipped all the way and i even unzipped it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment