Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2017, 03:13 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,282,289 times

Advertisements

I think the OP may be imagining things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2017, 03:36 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,964,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
I am hoping these responses are jokes.
What do we have here? An employee that thinks her boss, or bosses (more than one apparently), have "lustful thoughts" because he looked at her. Unless she is the Amazing Kreskin and reading his mind, I need a bit more than that.
From that we get this psycho-babble. Yikes no wonder men are even scared to ride an elevator alone with a woman nowadays.
She calls herself "TIGERGIRL" - maybe she likes to wear tigerstriped clothes?

Just a guess

Old 04-21-2017, 08:09 PM

11,582 posts, read 6,732,440 times
Sounds like a bunch of nonsense to me!

Old 04-21-2017, 08:40 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,339,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigergirl87 View Post
I am a younger female and there is an older male in my office. I'd say he is in his late 40s to early 50s. I am new to this department and when he first transferred over he would just stare at me. Like stare and not smile, for the most part it was a lustful type look. I knew he was married so when he did this I would immediately ignore it or look the other way. His advances have always been very discrete and never direct, but you can tell what he is thinking by his look.

I have recently noticed how he goes out of his way to be passive aggressive towards me. For example, at the end of the day he will tell everyone good bye but will ignore me. Something else that has started happening is that if I am at my desk and another client whether internal is having a conversation he will just butt in and take over. It is as if he does not want anyone talking to me.

Just this past week I had a guy from Tech Services doing work on my computer and while the guys were working on mine he butts in and tells them once they are finished to come by and see him, then all of a sudden changes his mind telling them never mind. This man is very high ranking in the office and on managerial level but I do not have fear for my job. He is not bad looking for an older man, but I do not go for attached men in any way whatsoever. I also think he has a superiority complex because of his status and gets flustered when he sees another male of lower rank talking with me.

I have never flirted with him or given him any green light to pursue, so I am unsure where the passive hostility is coming from. Does anyone have any advice or has ever been in this situation.

Male and female opinions are welcomed.
Stop looking at this man! The only reason you know he is checking you out is because you are also looking at him. Obviously you are not oblivious to the presence of this man and he is well aware you check him out. You are even aware that he does not say goodbye to you. He certainly has you coming and going. If you were not interested in him you would have no clue about his behavior.

Old 04-21-2017, 10:54 PM

1,022 posts, read 1,254,848 times
There is a young girl in our office and the other day I might have stared at her a bit because she was wearing a dress that seemed inappropriate for the office and didn't even look good on her. I did not say anything but just wondered for a moment what posessed her to dress like that. Now I wonder if she thinks I gave her "evil eye" or "lust" after her or something.

@OP - you wrote in the other post that it's unpleasant office environment so just get the heck out of there already. Stop wasting your life on wondering what's the deal with other people. You cannot change them, you can only change something about you. Find another job and think what you could do to avoid attracting such attention in the workplace. Good luck.

Old 04-22-2017, 08:29 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,741,423 times
Agreed OP you are imagining things. Stop trying to be psychic and figure out what other people are thinking and just do your job.

Old 04-22-2017, 09:27 AM

1,569 posts, read 1,009,353 times
Go to HR and let them know about this.

Old 04-22-2017, 10:50 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,885,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by codergirl View Post
Go to HR and let them know about this.
I would like to by a fly on the wall for that discussion:
OP: "I am being sexually harassed"
HR: "Oh my goodness, explain what happened"
OP: "Well my manager had lustfull thoughts"
HR: "ummm, OK, what did he say to you"
OP: "Nothing, he just stared at me with lustful thoughts, you can tell by his 'lustful thought' look."
HR: "Well what did he say or do to you"
OP: "The thing is he never talks to me or says goodbye, to me."
HR: "I am a bit confused"
OP: "Then sometimes he does butt in when I am talking to others, but it's with the 'lustful thought' look"
HR: "ummmmm, ooohhhhkayyyy then. I am going to set up a meeting with our company shrink for you."

Old 04-22-2017, 11:58 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,247,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
I would like to by a fly on the wall for that discussion:
OP: "I am being sexually harassed"
HR: "Oh my goodness, explain what happened"
OP: "Well my manager had lustfull thoughts"
HR: "ummm, OK, what did he say to you"
OP: "Nothing, he just stared at me with lustful thoughts, you can tell by his 'lustful thought' look."
HR: "Well what did he say or do to you"
OP: "The thing is he never talks to me or says goodbye, to me."
HR: "I am a bit confused"
OP: "Then sometimes he does butt in when I am talking to others, but it's with the 'lustful thought' look"
HR: "ummmmm, ooohhhhkayyyy then. I am going to set up a meeting with our company shrink for you."
Bwahahahahahaha exactly.

HR???? Seriously? Lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment