Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2017, 06:13 PM

15,794 posts, read 20,493,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chb119 View Post
With comments like yours it does not surprise me that in your circle, 90% of guys did something else, who we associate with is a reflection of us.

The parenthood bond starts before birth, not when they are old enough to do "cool stuff." I guess you missed out on that x6.

I wonder if your wife has a different view on this subject?

Well said.

My father would probably agree 100% with him, while I disagree and agree with you. I'd like to think it's a generational thing as my dad tends to roll his eyes when I mention I do laundry and the dishes around the house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2017, 07:22 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,506,112 times
I think communication needs to improve and it was ok to express your concern, but I agree that saying the coach is blaming it on the pregnancy was a little unnecessary. The AD didn't have the best response, either. The lack of communication would be frustrating, for sure. Maybe someone will step up and volunteer to help out. And teaching is a full-time job. There's a lot that happens after the official school hours that has to get done.

I don't see any problems with kids on the team knowing the coach's wife is pregnant. If that's all he's talking about, that would be weird. To mention it to teenage boys? I don't see a problem at all.

Old 04-26-2017, 07:38 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,618,351 times
Wow there are some really harsh responses. No one knows what's going on the pregnancy and it's no one's business. There could be any number of issues going on right now.

Why not speak to the coach about being more timely with schedule changes? Going straight to the athletic director is kind asking for trouble. Remember, the AD doesn't work for you. He's going to stick up for his coaches.

I see zero problem with a coach telling his team that his spouse is pregnant. It's not like he told the boys they had sex at 4pm Tuesday afternoon. Now that would be totally over the line....creepy....and freaking weird!

And really what's the big deal if an email isn't sent about practice? Back in the olden days, we didn't have the internet. Rarely were phone calls made about schedule changes. Word spread by word of mouth by teammates. Somehow our sports teams survived and several went on to win state championships.

Old 04-27-2017, 12:38 PM

2,793 posts, read 4,069,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
Wow there are some really harsh responses. No one knows what's going on the pregnancy and it's no one's business. There could be any number of issues going on right now.

And really what's the big deal if an email isn't sent about practice? Back in the olden days, we didn't have the internet. Rarely were phone calls made about schedule changes. Word spread by word of mouth by teammates. Somehow our sports teams survived and several went on to win state championships.
I don't understand why you and others think the responses are harsh. He's an adult with responsibilities. AND more importantly an adult with responsibilities to kids and parents. Maybe it's me, my generation (X), I have no clue, but we shouldn't let people shirk their responsibilities, cuz y'know, life is hard. And let's talk about the olden days versus today. In today's world of smartphones, how hard is it to text one person and say, "practice cancelled - spread the word"? 30 seconds? 1 minute? OMG, that's too much!

Oh, but then again, we are talking about a millennial. They don't understand responsibility.

Sorry for my rant....I just don't believe responsibility, commitment, and respect should end because something is going on in one's life. I don't mean you have to stick to your commitment, but you should be respectful and responsible enough to not be a flake.

Old 04-27-2017, 01:55 PM

793 posts, read 1,342,526 times
psichick, thanks for the support.

You're a girl after my own heart, well... if I were a lesbian.

Old 04-27-2017, 05:16 PM

2,793 posts, read 4,069,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio Flyer View Post
psichick, thanks for the support.

You're a girl after my own heart, well... if I were a lesbian.
Haha! We can be OBFF's (online besties).

I should have added, "or taken 1 minute and group text everyone". I know on my phone I have groups I can mass text as fast as texting one person. Sigh. Is it my age? Am I becoming one of those people we call...ugh.....adults?

Old 04-27-2017, 05:59 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,164,079 times
I wonder if something is going on that he hasn't announced yet, like a complication. Otherwise i, as a mom agree with you. The baby isn't here yet. Short of a complication, I don't know why it would be affecting work yet.

Old 04-27-2017, 08:29 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,164,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
Wait till he invites the guys over for a diaper party. Oh and take off 6 weeks to bond with the baby. In California where I live it is paid time off for the 6 weeks.

This is the wimpy world we live in now.

Saying that, if his wife is high risk then he may need to be by her side.
This is exactly what's wrong with our country, and why we can't rise to the standard of living if other developed nations.

Old 04-28-2017, 10:57 AM

4,314 posts, read 3,994,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
He has his priorities right.

If you can't fulfill your voluntary commitments properly, drop out and let someone who can handle it.

Old 04-28-2017, 10:59 AM

4,314 posts, read 3,994,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
This is exactly what's wrong with our country, and why we can't rise to the standard of living if other developed nations.
really?

the reason given for a tractor manufacturer to move back to the US was the amount of time European workers are off .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment