Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2017, 05:52 PM

51 posts, read 43,287 times

Advertisements

Hello was just looking at some of the stories online about jobs. I was in food service managment for the last 35 yrs that I worked. I was losing my hearing and noticed it was hard to be in a large kitchen setting we had over 3000 employees that went trough our cafeteria. Every thing had to be top knotch.

We would one a week get a survey on every thing. temps, every thing that food health inspectors look for. I have always made sure all logs were filled out I did the schedule and all the ordering of foods, pastries and all food that was cooked on site.

I worked for the for 7 yrs and was sad to have to give up my job due to my profound hearing loss.

I thought if I went into a much smaller kitchen/café/cafeteria it would be a good fit. I was interviewing with the G.M. of a friendlies icecream restaurant. When I explained what my duties were she had the nerve to tell me, excuse me but you only managered a 6 foot counter top.

I said I'm sorry I don't think I heard you right can you please repeat it. she said you only managed a 6ft counter. It was all I could do to not jump out of my chair and lean over the table grabbing her lapel lol.

I knew right then and there what was happening I was over qualified and she was afraid I would take her job since I was doing all that she did. I said for starters I didn't manged the 6 ft counter I had 2 employes that I hired my self along with 6 other employes. who ran the store.

I was to busy ordering products and all the pastries and bagels etc. and if I wasn't ordering the food that came in I was making sure arrivals of foods were at the right temp when deliveries arrived. I was to busy to be running a counter when I had a whole store with table and chairs.

I said I see this is going to be a bad fit and since you know I can do all that you do no wonder you wont hire me. as I was walking out I observed a employee take his hat off and with gloves on he stratched his head and put the hat on his head and didn't bother to change the glove the look on her face was priceless, you may want to look into this since that is a no no . take care now as I walked out the door.

I made sure to go into the store often with my daughter of mom and said as she was our server Oh I see you have to bus table to as the G.M. what a shame having to be a server and the G.M. I never went again in fear she would spit in my food.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment